WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default USFS roads near Springer

Starting my hike soon, and I was hoping to get some advice from some locals familiar with the Springer area. My dad and brother want to come out for my first night on the trail (stopping on or near Springer), but they will need to be picked up the following day somewhere on the AT past Springer. From my guidebook, I see a few options. 1) Take Big Creek or Roy roads to Double Gap Rd and hook up with USFS 42 to Springer trail head. 2) Same route but take Double Gap a bit further to USFS 58 to Three Forks. 3) Take USFS 42 to Hightower Gap.

We have a honda accord to pick them up from the trail. Anyone have info or advise on these roads right now, better or worse?

Journal Entries

Either one of these are fine. Three Forks has more parking and views, but usually crowded. Hightower Gap is fine also.
    1) Take Big Creek or Roy roads to Double Gap Rd and hook up with USFS 42 to Springer trail head. 2) Same route but take Double Gap a bit further to USFS 58 to Three Forks. 3) Take USFS 42 to Hightower Gap.

Roads are very good. No worries as of right now.

Thanks for the info. Looks like we are going to have them picked up from Three Forks, then I just keep going!

++ New Posts ++