Journal Entries

Default Overnighter near Hood River Oregon

I will be staying near The Dalles in OR, during the first part of September. I hope to have time for a quick overnighter or possible two nights out. Looking for recommendations. Thanks!

Images

Didn't say how far but here are two options, one variable and one that will be two longish (20+mile days) Eagle Creek trail near Cascade Locks. You could do Mt Hood to Cascade Locks via the PCT and Eagle Creek Trail if you can arrange the transport for the one way. It is incredibly cool trail. If you decide to do this google Halfmiles and download the map set for northern Or. Including the Eagle Creek alternative.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sapelo View Post
    I will be staying near The Dalles in OR, during the first part of September. I hope to have time for a quick overnighter or possible two nights out. Looking for recommendations. Thanks!
    Have you considered climbing Mt. St. Helens. It is a great experience. You must have a permit, but a web site has been set up where you can usually find one -- http://purmit.com/
    Shutterbug

Journal Entries

I am actually going out to climb Mt. Adams. Haven't considered Mt. St. Helens. I will check it out. I was hoping to find an easy route to do on the PCT with my fiance. Not interested in big miles just someplace to enjoy the beauty of the Pacific NW without the crowds.

++ New Posts ++