WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Where be hobbs?

Images

Default Where be hobbs?

Get in touch if you read this...... everything OK?

jd
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

click HERE to become rich!

Images

Hey Dave! I posted an inquiry about him on another thread, no response yet. Hobbs, if you are reading this, hope all is well and that you are having a good hike!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by J5man View Post
    Hey Dave! I posted an inquiry about him on another thread, no response yet. Hobbs, if you are reading this, hope all is well and that you are having a good hike!
    He's out playin in the woods some where and just goes and blows us off!
    The nerve of these "hiker" types..... the nerve

How ya doin?
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydave View Post
    He's out playin in the woods some where and just goes and blows us off!
    The nerve of these "hiker" types..... the nerve

How ya doin?
    No no !!...How you doin' jd ??
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Images

Doing real well....... busy.

How about you?
    How was the race?
    You missed a good time...... I'll be going back to spend a few days at the Park and do some hiking...... didn't do much besides eat and play with hammocks this time. Nice place.

Whats happenin?

jd
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

Images

JD and JBG, HH had mentioned that there was some talk about meeting up at SNP sometime, let me when you will be there and we will plan this thing! Maybe Hobbs can join us? So, JD, are you new to hanging or have you been hanging a while.?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by J5man View Post
    JD and JBG, HH had mentioned that there was some talk about meeting up at SNP sometime, let me when you will be there and we will plan this thing! Maybe Hobbs can join us? So, JD, are you new to hanging or have you been hanging a while.?
    So new that I don't even have anything to hang in yet!
    Trying to learn BEFORE I buy several hundred dollars worth of gear that I ultimately end up upgrading soon afterward.

Gonna start gearing up very soon.

SNP..... I was waiting to see what the "hobbs" factor was gonna be.
    I can't take too much time off of work right now, but a few days might be doable in the not too distant future.

I'll be back @ massanutten with the family in early August. Was thinking about possibly hitting the Park for a short section while there as well....... maybe 2 or 3 nighter if it works out. Maybe we can hook up then as well.

When you guys get a time set for whatever your doing, let me know right away so I can try and work it out if possible.

jd
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

I have a feeling Hobbs is going to pop up on here and says he finished his hike in 3 months, he didn't have time for this WB stuff.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Images

I'm forced to be a "cyberhiker" for now..... I don't have time for the trail unfortunately..... it felt good to get back to work (but I got over that quickly....LOL) now with 60 hour work weeks I'm lucky if I get the grass cut!

I hope he takes his time and enjoys it.

jd
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

Images

Hey guys,

I too have been looking to hear something from Hobbs, but nothing as yet. I'm planning to go to trail days this weekend, then get out in the White Top area for a couple of days next weekend.

Happy trails,
    Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. Gen 13:17

Journal Entries
    Images

Sorry guy's if I gave you a scare..Yes dave I have been lost in the woods..LOL No it's actually been nice not be bound by computer or technology...Haha Sorry but Ole mole is right I been takin my sweet time just looking at everything I can..I spent 3 day's at the NOC 2 of them rafting..LOL sorry have to get in some really fun things.My plan was to actually make it to Demascus and meet up with everyone. But it's my Niece's graduation this weekend so I jumped off at Roan Mountain and I am in Ohio for 4 day's then back on the trail where I left off..I did get a text about BIn Ladin and one phone call with bad news and thets why I have been real quite..Sorry but an open forum I really cant say what the call was about..All I can say is it made me slow down even more and think...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Images

Hobbs,

Glad to hear your havin fun making your way in your own time zone. Give me a shout when you come near Roanoke and I'll buy ya some beer and listen to some trail tales.

Happy trails,
    Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. Gen 13:17

Images

Glad you're doing alright.
    Photos, photos, photos.
    Get in touch before you head back out if ya can.

jd
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hikerhead View Post
    I have a feeling Hobbs is going to pop up on here and says he finished his hike in 3 months, he didn't have time for this WB stuff.
    Hikerkead that would be like haveing christmas without Santa and cookie's.No way man you guy's are the best!!!!
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Journal Entries
    Images

Dave had to beat my nephew away from the computer and let me see what all my family has in store tommorow and see if I can atleast get georgia posted...No not finished with my thru just this break for my neice Erin don't want to be disowned by my siblings and mom..LOL my oldest brother thinks this is nut'..So they have asked a million question's and one nephew is blown away..LOL

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Have a good break, hobbs. My daughter and I will be hiking from Franklin to Fontana Dam week after next. It's great to hear that you're enjoying your thru!
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Hoobs!! Long time no updates. What's going on with ya? Did you finish your hike?
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Mole View Post
    Hobbs,

Glad to hear your havin fun making your way in your own time zone. Give me a shout when you come near Roanoke and I'll buy ya some beer and listen to some trail tales.

Happy trails,
    Hey Ol Mole... I've never met ur friend Hobbs but this thread seems to be where the WBer's from Roanoke VA hang out. I looked at your pics. You have some really good shots.

Happy Trails Hobbs!!

++ New Posts ++