WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Non-Americans!

Default Non-Americans!

What travel insurance for hiking did you get for the US? reading the policies it seems they would have a couple of ways to screw me out of any medical cover for on-trail "minor" medical things ie. not smashed bones or nearly dying.

You guys really ought to get a decent health care system. What a rather queer bunch of people you are

Thanks for the suggestion. It's currently under discussion.

FB
    "All persons are born free and have certain inalienable rights. They include the right to a clean and healthful environment..."

Article II, Section 3
    The Constitution of the State of Montana

Images

Hey, I put all my Dental on my L.L. Bean Visa Dental Plan!

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by strollingalong View Post
    What travel insurance for hiking did you get for the US? reading the policies it seems they would have a couple of ways to screw me out of any medical cover for on-trail "minor" medical things ie. not smashed bones or nearly dying. You guys really ought to get a decent health care system. What a rather queer bunch of people you are
    If you are looking for an actual answer then I would recommend starting a new thread with only the first paragraph of the opening post included. Thanks to the second paragraph of your post I foresee that his thread will get very silly very fast.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

well, if that does happen, I'll get my desired result when/if a non-american replies, and I've riled up a few people about something that is a non-discussion point. strange folk theory will have been proven. 1-0

Images

Minor medical things you pay for yourself! That is the way it is for most of US. That was the original premise of insurance.

I suppose you can buy any level of insurance in the the US you wish. Our insurance is private corporations so we don't have a Fed system per se. I must wonder what kind of insurance I could get if I'm hiking in Mexico.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Ok, I'll just get the cheap stuff and pay as I go then. thanks
    I doubt you'd get any US insurance specifically for hiking in Mexico because of the drugs market, guns and drugs war the USA supplies and funds that has made huge portions of this nation unhikeable and very dangerous. However you would be able to get state health cover for all health emergencies and minor procedures for $120 a year. The Copper Canyon is probably the best hiking spot in Mexico and more or less safe even though it's in Chihuahua.

Quote Originally Posted by strollingalong View Post
    Ok, I'll just get the cheap stuff and pay as I go then. thanks
    I doubt you'd get any US insurance specifically for hiking in Mexico because of the drugs market, guns and drugs war the USA supplies and funds that has made huge portions of this nation unhikeable and very dangerous. However you would be able to get state health cover for all health emergencies and minor procedures for $120 a year. The Copper Canyon is probably the best hiking spot in Mexico and more or less safe even though it's in Chihuahua.
    $120.00 per year! Sign me up, I'm packing my bags as I'm typing!
    Don't Die Before You've Had A Chance To Live!

Stir Fry

Oh are you going to have fun with that adatude when you go on your hike. Sound like you already have something agenst the USA.
    If it do'nt eat you or kill you it makes you stronger
    'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

++ New Posts ++