WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Easter Weekend Hike?

Snacktime and I are planning on finishing up our MD section this Easter weekend (April 19 & 20). Some folks are joining us, and we'd like to invite any who'd enjoy a low & slow trip (although of course you'll hike at your own pace....NOBODY hikes at ours!)

Anyone planning their own hike this weekend?
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

What are the starting and ending points, Teacher?

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Rt40/I70 Boonsboro to Pen Mar just about 18 miles. I had it on the Group page but pulled it....I plan on putting it back up.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

I thought it was on the group page but looked and couldn't find it. Thought maybe I had dreamed it was there.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

duplicate post
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 02-01-2014 at 13:47.

It was there....then I rethought it....the I re-rethought it. It's back. I'm a little concerned about the daily distance with packs as Snacktime and I are notoriously slow with packs, but it's warmer so the packs can be light, and the days will be longer. Also, it's probably the easiest part of the entire trail...we'll manage it.

Come in on Friday night and you can stay in our family room at the hostel (NC) and maybe even join us on our C&O canal walk to Harpers Ferry with FarmerChef & family.....for ice cream!

Thinking about joining you. I haven't really planned out my AT hiking for the year yet. I will let you know.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

I opened a group page for each of the hikes....so you can let us know there...or here....or Pm. We certainly hope you come! Snacktime has a travel Yahtzee perfect size for BPing

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I opened a group page for each of the hikes....so you can let us know there...or here....or Pm. We certainly hope you come! Snacktime has a travel Yahtzee perfect size for BPing
    If I win, Snacktime has to carry my water, right? Ha Ha

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Like you stand a chance of winning! You always forget to GO FOR THE FIVES!!!!!

++ New Posts ++