WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am just to very thankful that caffeine is legal.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I am just to very thankful that caffeine is legal.
    Via is very easy to conceal!

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I plan to stay at the Place before and after my local hike after TD. Last year some drinking morons kept everyone up all night and they weren't even staying there...just partying around the fire pit.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    I plan to stay at the Place before and after my local hike after TD. Last year some drinking morons kept everyone up all night and they weren't even staying there...just partying around the fire pit.
    that will not happen this year. there's gonna be an on-site temp. caretaker in a week or so. plus drug dogs will be run through there randomly. had some dope smokers inside the place 2 nights ago plus some drinkers last night. 0 tolerance from this day on. riff-raff be warned

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    that will not happen this year. there's gonna be an on-site temp. caretaker in a week or so. plus drug dogs will be run through there randomly. had some dope smokers inside the place 2 nights ago plus some drinkers last night. 0 tolerance from this day on. riff-raff be warned
    There's a snake in my boot,a new sheriff in town,Fox in the hen house,and the makings for a "I told you so"moment.Don't be the dumb ass sitting in jail,hiking trip over,do not pass go!,I'm layin odds.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    There's a snake in my boot,a new sheriff in town,Fox in the hen house,and the makings for a "I told you so"moment.Don't be the dumb ass sitting in jail,hiking trip over,do not pass go!,I'm layin odds.
    You can add "Monkey in my pack"
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    You can add "Monkey in my pack"
    And he's gonna tell the folks where to put the peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I was at South Padre Island for spring break (hanging out with the retired folks, not the college kids). Apparently the town judge sets up court on the beach and the locals come to watch for the entertainment value as they try and convict the young and the stupid. Apparently it is quite entertaining to hear their stories. There is even a book of them in the local book stores. Maybe Damascus could do something similar.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I was at South Padre Island for spring break (hanging out with the retired folks, not the college kids). Apparently the town judge sets up court on the beach and the locals come to watch for the entertainment value as they try and convict the young and the stupid. Apparently it is quite entertaining to hear their stories. There is even a book of them in the local book stores. Maybe Damascus could do something similar.

I would PAY $$ to watch an hour or two of Trail Days court. OMG. That would be awesome.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Journal Entries

Is having fun still allowed or does Damascus just want our money -sounds pretty uptight - reminds me of a track by 'Mile Absolum'?, or something like that.
    HECTOR THE DOPE SNIFFING HOUND.Sniffed so much that he took a liking to it after a while - he's now in peaceful retirement,(with a smile on his snout!)
    Wortha' listen if you can find it...

On a trip through Goregia to disney some 40 years ago my pop got puled over for spending along with about 10 other cars,one cop just jumped out in the midlle of the road with a hand held detecter that was as big as a mail box,we round a bend an another just waived us all on in.after my dad got back from sitting in the cops car,me mum says "So what happend"to wich my dad said"He said "Son were gonna play court"LOL what a racket!

I've had some great fun years at TD and then, last time I went, got busted.
    Haven't been back.
    Some of them cops don't like us Yankees too much it seems.
    Had one ask me if I was Jesus once. I really think he was serious.

Have fun folks. Be careful of the lawmen.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Instead of sniffing out the laid back people smoking a joint in their tents why not Lay it on harder for the drunk people who start fights/rape/steal etc...

And charging reps for helping???? I miss the 1999/2000 trail days years

I'd buy that DVD,"Well you see judge,What did I acutlly do but cross an imaginary line with some plants"......."Well mister "green thumb",unfortuatly the plants were illegal,and the line you cross was real.......and for being a dope...you gat an additional $45.00 dollars....next.

i hear there will be no water balloons allowed in the hiker parade this year. folks have been hurt and all those broken balloons end up in the creeks which end up in holston lake eventually

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    Instead of sniffing out the laid back people smoking a joint in their tents why not Lay it on harder for the drunk people who start fights/rape/steal etc...

And charging reps for helping???? I miss the 1999/2000 trail days years
    I've never been to TD, but I tend to agree with Lion King. I occasionally hike with friends who do carry some pot with them. I have never smoked any myself, but have always had friends who do so in moderation.

These folks are always very discrete, do not smoke in front of others, and would not smoke at a hostel that prohibited such activities as drinking. They would all have the courtesy to leave the property and find a private place to enjoy their smoke.

Unfortunately, with drug-sniffing dogs being used as a matter of course, they would get caught up in this extra wide-ranging net that Damascus is casting.

I've said it before, if The Place is such a problem, and the Church does not wish to provide a resident caretaker during hiker season, then it should be closed. Most responsible hostels do provide some regular supervision. As each year passes, I am less likely to ever attend Trail Days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I've never been to TD, but I tend to agree with Lion King. I occasionally hike with friends who do carry some pot with them. I have never smoked any myself, but have always had friends who do so in moderation.

These folks are always very discrete, do not smoke in front of others, and would not smoke at a hostel that prohibited such activities as drinking. They would all have the courtesy to leave the property and find a private place to enjoy their smoke.

Unfortunately, with drug-sniffing dogs being used as a matter of course, they would get caught up in this extra wide-ranging net that Damascus is casting.

I've said it before, if The Place is such a problem, and the Church does not wish to provide a resident caretaker during hiker season, then it should be closed. Most responsible hostels do provide some regular supervision. As each year passes, I am less likely to ever attend Trail Days.
    "pot" is still illegal. if you're dumb enuf to carry it then you'll have to deal with the consequences of gettin' caught.

The Place has a volunteer, live-in caretaker til after trail days

They gonna train them dogs to sniff out them mason jars?
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    They gonna train them dogs to sniff out them mason jars?
    If your got a jar with no tax sticker....could be dicey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++