WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Port Clinton to Palmerton shuttle

Does anyone shuttle in this area? Is there a hiker hostel? I gave away my old Thruhiker's guide last year and haven't picked up another one yet.

Thanks in advance.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

You can stay at the city building/jail thingy in Palmerton. Not sure about the shuttle but I had an easy hitch from Port Clinton to Hamburg and back to Port Clinton. I walked into Palmerton, the road is pretty narrow to hitch on, but I got another easy hitch out of Palmerton. I'm sure somebody in the area would be willing to shuttle though. Good Luck.

Thanks.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

LANTA is the bussing company up that way. I know they go through slatington, which is a town away from palmerton.... you might call walmart i. Hamburg. Or the. Cabellas in hamburg to find bussing options. It takes all day to get around on busses out that way, through allentown.... but its cheap and its something to see.... if you like bus tojrs.
    Have fun.... thems my neighborhood rocks up thar in pa.

I found a ride from a friend of my hiking buddy, Mariano. Looks like he will be coming with me on this trip, so it won't be a solo. Either way, hiking is better than work.

i live in port clinton, while i dont offer shuttle service i usually stop by the pavillion on weekends and offer rides to walmart and cabelas.......stop in @ the Port Clinton Fire Company and ask for Kyle

++ New Posts ++