WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Most mosquitoes bites recorded

Have you ever googled something just to see what would come up.Well this one is pretty straight forward,but I have placed it here because it has the potential to get well,silly.Harmony Lohr was documented as having 56 Mosquitoes bites in 9 hours.Whats your record?.....for what ever!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Have you ever googled something just to see what would come up.Well this one is pretty straight forward,but I have placed it here because it has the potential to get well,silly.Harmony Lohr was documented as having 56 Mosquitoes bites in 9 hours.Whats your record?.....for what ever!
    i didnt count them but i once i tried to sleep in my car on the beach in august. sure enough, before long it became itolerably hot and even though i knew it was a horrible idea with dire consequences my sweaty tired self didnt care and rolled down the windows and went to sleep. on top of that, i drove all the next day in the same car. i'm fairly positive i had far more than 56 mosquito bites when it was all over.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    i didn't count them but i once i tried to sleep in my car on the beach in august. sure enough, before long it became intolerable hot and even though i knew it was a horrible idea with dire consequences my sweaty tired self didn't care and rolled down the windows and went to sleep. on top of that, i drove all the next day in the same car. i'm fairly positive i had far more than 56 mosquito bites when it was all over.
    That story is making me itch.

Images

june1976, if you include black flies, i beleive I was bitten 457,396 times, although there were a few itches I couldnt see from my angle.my first backpacking trip, and somehow I came to love backpacking(although june in NH/ME i no longer entertain.

Never been bit.
    Don't Die Before You've Had A Chance To Live!

Quote Originally Posted by HiKen2011 View Post
    Never been bit.
    You must be dead,quick...punch yourself in the face!

Images

Counted 60 bites just on my legs in June 1975, Yosemite National Park. That happened in about 2 days. We were supposed to stay 7 days (camping in a tent) but left after 3 days. None of the commercial repellents sold in the park stores would work. I was pouring bottle after bottle of Bactine down my legs to try to relieve the itching.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Journal Entries
    Images

Kayaked in a Wisconsin lake thru a cloud of black flies... no where to go-the cloud stayed with me.... lesson learned.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

I was playing golf with a guy in Mandan, ND many years ago. Around sunset the skeeters came out in herds, swarms, droves, whatever. He was wearing a thin white cotton shirt. We literally ran back to the club house some 800 yards away (two par fours out) they were so bad. By the time we got back he had red blood spots all over his shirt. He had at leat 100 bites in under 5 minutes. Worst mosquitos I've ever seen - and I used to live in New Jersey.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

i know for a fact i have that record beat - and the scars to prove it!
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Solemates View Post
    i know for a fact i have that record beat - and the scars to prove it!
    Hey,we'll take your word for it,please don't send pictures.And sorry to hear about your achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 eyed buzzard View Post
    I was playing golf with a guy in Mandan, ND many years ago. Around sunset the skeeters came out in herds, swarms, droves, whatever. He was wearing a thin white cotton shirt. We literally ran back to the club house some 800 yards away (two par fours out) they were so bad. By the time we got back he had red blood spots all over his shirt. He had at least 100 bites in under 5 minutes. Worst mosquitoes I've ever seen - and I used to live in New Jersey.
    Sounds like he looked like he cut him self shaving .....all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Kayaked in a Wisconsin lake thru a cloud of black flies... no where to go-the cloud stayed with me.... lesson learned.
    Woo,I think what you experience is called "mating cloud",so basically.....you got f*****.I hate when that happens!

Hey,we'll take your word for it,please don't send pictures.And sorry to hear about your achievement.
    Woo,I think what you experience is called "mating cloud",so basically.....you got f*****.I hate when that happens!
    dude u are cracking me up

amongnature.blogspot.com

some of the worst skeeters I have ever seen:

- in MA coming off the jug ends on the AT
    - in AK, in summer (the size of quarters!)
    - in the swamps of LA
    - in Sipsey Wilderness, AL in the summer
    - in the Ozarks, AR in May
    - along the MS River delta, at night in summer

amongnature.blogspot.com

Journal Entries

I would take 100 Mosquito bites over 10 chigger bites any day of the week.
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danl View Post
    I would take 100 Mosquito bites over 10 chigger bites any day of the week.
    And 10 chigger bites over 1 "Crab"bite,unless there blueclaws.

A tiny bit off topic but this is something I've been pondering for a while now. Every time I find my self outside during skeeter season with a group of friends they all seem to get bit up while I am relatively untouched. My friends joke that skeeters don't like puerto rican blood! lol dang racists! I'm wondering if anyone else out there is superhuman like me and if anyone has an explanation for why I'm so lucky.

Images

attorneys never get bitten.some sort of professional courtesy among bloodsuckers!

Images

oddly enough, despite the above related incident in my car, i dont get bitten much either. i'm generally not nearly as bothered by bugs as most people seem to be. maybe they can tell ive already been horribly chewed over and that leaves me unappealing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++