WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Half Serious

Default Half Serious

If you were to fill a "Bear Vault 500" full of peanut butter,how much would it weigh?My guess...15 lbs.

the skippy super chuch (tm) in my pantry weighs 48 ounces per 30 ounces of volume. so every fluid ounce of the creamiest, chunkiest peanut butteriest peanut butter on the market weights in a 1.6 ounces. the bv 500 is 389 fluid ounces in volume (website info). that's 622 ounces of peanut butter slappin' capacity. or, a hair under 39 pounds. plus the two and a half pounds the can weighs.

seems i miss-counted the amount of cups that filled my empty jar. 48 ounces of peanut stuff takes up 36 ounces of volume. that's 32.4 pounds of pure peanut butter goodness. plus the can.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
    the skippy super chuch (tm) in my pantry weighs 48 ounces per 30 ounces of volume. so every fluid ounce of the creamiest, chunkiest peanut butteriest peanut butter on the market weights in a 1.6 ounces. the bv 500 is 389 fluid ounces in volume (website info). that's 622 ounces of peanut butter slappin' capacity. or, a hair under 39 pounds. plus the two and a half pounds the can weighs.
    Wow was I off,thanks johnny.And may your thunder never leave you behind.I guess peanut butter weighs about twice as much as water,I had guesstimated 1 gal.@231 cu.inches x 2=462oz.so thats 8.33lbs. x 2=16.66lbs.- fudge factor(and not really giving a hoot one way or the other)and I guessing that peanut butter is heavier than water,and there fore will not float.unless it's in the Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
    seems i miss-counted the amount of cups that filled my empty jar. 48 ounces of peanut stuff takes up 36 ounces of volume. that's 32.4 pounds of pure peanut butter goodness. plus the can.
    Well now that makes sense,and sure is an awful lot of peanut butter to carry.Now lets see how you do with........Neugut?just kiddingand thanks for indulging me.Good day!

Or just over 92K caleries!
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

or 23 days of food at 4K cal per day
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Quote Originally Posted by moytoy View Post
    or 23 days of food at 4K cal per day
    Now that there is some good to know info.Boring menu,but you'll live....well

++ New Posts ++