WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Where to get individual Servings - Sea Salt

I do not go into fast food places, i manage to stay out as much as possible, but a reacuring theme is where can I go to get.... Yes there are on line places that will sell you some... but the last thread was where can I get Smoky Salsa and that turned out to be Taco Bell has added different flavor packs...

I am a huge fan of the lower sodium Sea Salt and discovered Wendys now has it.

So I collect a few here and there and toss into the fridge until I need them.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl:1311670
    I do not go into fast food places, i manage to stay out as much as possible, but a reacuring theme is where can I go to get.... Yes there are on line places that will sell you some... but the last thread was where can I get Smoky Salsa and that turned out to be Taco Bell has added different flavor packs...

I am a huge fan of the lower sodium Sea Salt and discovered Wendys now has it.

So I collect a few here and there and toss into the fridge until I need them.
    WOO why are you storing salt in the fridge?

Try this

www.selinanaturally.com/celtic-sea-saltreg-brand-fine-ground-50-to-go-pack-P5042.aspx

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    Tidal Creek Co-op has it...

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

WOO, here's a salt idea for you:

http://gizmodo.com/5913381/season-yo...al-human-tears

Disgusting, I know.

Journal Entries
    Images

I don't store salt in the fridge - but the flavor packs like ketchup and other things I keep in the fridge till I need them. I wasn't clear. I grab a small handful of stuff from these places and save them for hiking. I don't see the sense of ordering over the internet.

very funny treesloth.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I grab a small handful of stuff from these places and save them for hiking. I don't see the sense of ordering over the internet.
    People like you are why Tacos cost .99....

Actually, it costs more to take a few here and there since you have to spend gas to go each time and those individual packets at mimimus.com are pretty cheap; especially since it seems you said you don't normally go into fast food places so the gas your spending is extra money anyway. But for me, its mainly about being lazy. I can order online while sitting at my computer and don't have to go out. I'll pay for that pleasure.

Journal Entries
    Images

10-K my second paying job (1978) was Taco Bell in Chicago and yes they were 99 cents back then and very GROSS fried greasy messes. A 350 pound guy came in and ordered 20 and sat down and ate them all.

Thanks Miner, I drive 200+ miles daily - its all paid by the small company I work for and its their car. It only causes me to age more.

Woo

Why not buy it in bulk then do the soda straw trick (as mentioned here before) to repackage it? Sounds like putting sea salt in them is better than neosporin.

Plus it'll prolly save you tons of money over those store bought individual packets...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...eosporin-packs
    Last edited by Spokes; 07-15-2012 at 13:24.

Journal Entries
    Images

Funny Spokes.

Woo

Images

10-K my second paying job (1978) was Taco Bell in Chicago and yes they were 99 cents back then and very GROSS fried greasy messes. A 350 pound guy came in and ordered 20 and sat down and ate them all.

Thanks Miner, I drive 200+ miles daily - its all paid by the small company I work for and its their car. It only causes me to age more.
    The image of ANY non-hiker sitting down to eat 20 tacos just completely grossed me out. Talk about a gut-bomb!

Journal Entries

make your own.

1) iron one end of a clear drinking straw closed
    2) put a little salt in
    3) iron straw to seal
    4) put a little salt ini
    5) iron straw to seal
    6) put a little salt in
    7) iron straw to seal
    8) put a little salt in
    9) iron straw to seal
    10) cut straw apart into neatly sealed sections

...I am a huge fan of the lower sodium Sea Salt and discovered Wendys now has it. ....
    I like sea salt too. It tastes good and doesn't have the additives of most table salt. But it is a bit of marketing hype to claim it is lower in sodium. Technically, it is, But whereas regular salt is about 40% sodium, sea salt is about 39% sodium, so the difference is marginal at best. Or to put it another way, if you are worried about too much sodium in your diet, switching to sea salt would be like trying to lose weight eating a "diet" ice cream sundae made without the cherry off the top.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    make your own.

1) iron one end of a clear drinking straw closed
    2) put a little salt in
    3) iron straw to seal
    4) put a little salt ini
    5) iron straw to seal
    6) put a little salt in
    7) iron straw to seal
    8) put a little salt in
    9) iron straw to seal
    10) cut straw apart into neatly sealed sections
    ........... What he said.

Journal Entries

actually, the specific salt brand he referred to is considerably lower sodium, of course its much higher potassium. Something like half to 2/3 the Na.

Journal Entries
    Images

OK you all win... Here is another the wife found...Kernel Seasons Popcorn seasoning. Its butter buds at half the cost and twice the flavor
    Kernel-seasoning-300x241.jpg works on a lot of different foods after re hydrating.

Woo

You might try minimus, if you don't mind paying they have lots of interesting stuff in small packets. They ship free if you spend $20.

I got some salt that had a slightly smokey flavor that was very good on rice and eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    Why not buy it in bulk then do the soda straw trick (as mentioned here before) to repackage it? Sounds like putting sea salt in them is better than neosporin.

Plus it'll prolly save you tons of money over those store bought individual packets...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...eosporin-packs
    Just don't confuse the neosprin ones from the salt ones. Totally different outcome at that point.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yea the look of sucking canal water as the Neosporin shrinks the lips and turns them inside out.

Woo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++