WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ROADSIDE Search

Oh I so hate that this has to be my first post here, but what the heck?
    I needed a laugh today. Some people...

Images

It just goes to show you that hikers are just a microcosm of society as a whole, complete down to the nutty guy with the lampshade on his head

Welcome to Whiteblaze, now go take a hike.

Images

Most likely reincarnated under a new screen name within the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza View Post

More than likely. Okay, lets give ROADSIDE a new screen name. I'll start with EXIT RAMP.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    More than likely. Okay, lets give ROADSIDE a new screen name. I'll start with EXIT RAMP.
    How about Roadkill?
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza View Post

I checked, Bear Bell is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    I checked, Bear Bell is taken.
    I think Dumb Bell is taken also.

is 'Sybil' taken?

Dumb Bell and Sybil. Sometimes this place just totally cracks me up.

or sybell.....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    Dumb Bell and Sybil. Sometimes this place just totally cracks me up.
    we're being good now ever since they gave us all a 3 day timeout because we couldn't play nice together
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    we're being good now ever since they gave us all a 3 day timeout because we couldn't play nice together
    I've learned my lesson,staight and narrow from now on,I don't like the penalty box,at all!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I've learned my lesson,staight and narrow from now on,I don't like the penalty box,at all!
    NO, ALL of WB shut down LOL. before your time
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    NO, ALL of WB shut down LOL. before your time
    OopsYep,I heard yall were nuts back when

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    OopsYep,I heard yall were nuts back when
    Everybody ... except me.

I'm not crazy, I'm just like you.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Everybody ... except me.

I'm not crazy, I'm just like you.
    Ok Gary,urine....you had me at Hello.

Images

Sorry, but you are wrong. I just talked to the ranger at the Nantahala Ranger Station in Franklin who interviewed Roadside. Of course no one at the gap knew about it that night since Roadside went back to Franklin right after the attack. It was indeed posted on Trail forums and many hikers knew about it. I was at Brown Gap about 1 week after the robbery and plenty of hikers were talking about it! I would like to believe the Gap is perfectly safe, and I think it is. The ranger said that the Forest Service has not issued an alert at the Gap because they believe it was an isolated "event of opportunity", no one was physically hurt, and there have been 0 events since then. He mentioned that there were other problems south of Franklin with somebody picking up hikers and demanding more money than they originally agreed to. (I heard about that myself). The ranger is baffled that no one got a tag #. Anyway, the courteous ranger emphasized the the trail is basically very safe but hikers should use common sense as usual. apple (BG maintainer)

No, I'm still correct. My statement was "Just because something is reported doesn't mean it happened". If you've read all of Irish Bastard/Roadside's entries on Whitelblaze you'll know that he's a pretty pathetic character seeking attention. Sure, some hikers may have been talking about what Roadside told them or what they heard from someone else, but, just because a lot of people talked about it doesn't mean it happpened. If he turned around and went South on the Trail after the alleged incident why didn't other hikers between Burningtown Gap and Franklin write about it on Trailjournals, Whiteblaze, or Trail Forums. He would have passed many hikers and two shelters on his way back to Franklin and to not say a word to anyone or leave a message of warning in the shelter logbooks just doesn't sound right to me. It is not uncommon for a certain segment of our society to report crimes that never happened. In North Carolina, as I'm sure in most other states, it happens often enough that there is a law against it (NCGS 14-225). Unless there's an eyewitness other than Roadside or other physical evidence this incident should be given no crediblity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Chief View Post
    No, I'm still correct. My statement was "Just because something is reported doesn't mean it happened". If you've read all of Irish Bastard/Roadside's entries on Whitelblaze you'll know that he's a pretty pathetic character seeking attention. Sure, some hikers may have been talking about what Roadside told them or what they heard from someone else, but, just because a lot of people talked about it doesn't mean it happpened. If he turned around and went South on the Trail after the alleged incident why didn't other hikers between Burningtown Gap and Franklin write about it on Trailjournals, Whiteblaze, or Trail Forums. He would have passed many hikers and two shelters on his way back to Franklin and to not say a word to anyone or leave a message of warning in the shelter logbooks just doesn't sound right to me. It is not uncommon for a certain segment of our society to report crimes that never happened. In North Carolina, as I'm sure in most other states, it happens often enough that there is a law against it (NCGS 14-225). Unless there's an eyewitness other than Roadside or other physical evidence this incident should be given no crediblity.
    May explain why the Forest Service did NOT issue an alert. - Isolated "event of opportunity", no one physically hurt, 0 events since then. Hmmm, makes you wonder about the "interview".
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Chief View Post
    Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++