WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

It's official ... Australian zoologist Adam Britton (L) measures the world's biggest captive crocodile in Bunawan in the Philippines. Photo: AFP

He said Britton, who could not be reached for comment, was the same expert who in 2008 measured 5.48-metre Cassius, an Australian saltwater crocodile that is listed by Guinness World Records as the largest in captivity.
    "So far we have not had any contacts with Guinness, and we do not know whether they plan to visit us soon," Canoy said, adding that Britton measured the Bunawan crocodile at its pen for a foreign television station.
    Its weight and the size of its girth were not taken, Canoy added.
    The Guinness website said it had taken note of the Bunawan capture.
    "Guinness World Records officials are currently awaiting further evidence in order to verify if a record has been broken," it added.
    The Philippine crocodile was captured by professional hunters after a three-week hunt following a spate of attacks that killed two marshland residents and several farm animals.
    However, no trace of the human victims have been found in its gut.
    Canoy said the captive crocodile eats 17 kilograms of pork every five days and has become the main tourist attraction in the remote town of 27,000 people, drawing an average of 500 visitors a day.

= 20 feet...

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...#ixzz1soWBGtWQ

so now look at the pic you posted take the next to largest person and say wow they may be standing say 5-6 feet. take that and slam that bar side ways.... line up and make the count. 6 ok the pic of alligator exceeds 30 feet. IT's a photoshop!

fake.JPG
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...m=QBIR#x0y1440
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 04-22-2012 at 19:23.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    So you're sayin' he has his ducks all lined in a row ?
    You should never count all your ducks until they're snatched.

Quote Originally Posted by kythruhiker View Post
    You should never count all your ducks until they're snatched.
    Well isn't that just Ducky

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    holy sheep dog S***
    +1 - Holy hand grenades batman!
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    It's official ... Australian zoologist Adam Britton (L) measures the world's biggest captive crocodile in Bunawan in the Philippines. Photo: AFP

He said Britton, who could not be reached for comment, was the same expert who in 2008 measured 5.48-metre Cassius, an Australian saltwater crocodile that is listed by Guinness World Records as the largest in captivity.
    "So far we have not had any contacts with Guinness, and we do not know whether they plan to visit us soon," Canoy said, adding that Britton measured the Bunawan crocodile at its pen for a foreign television station.
    Its weight and the size of its girth were not taken, Canoy added.
    The Guinness website said it had taken note of the Bunawan capture.
    "Guinness World Records officials are currently awaiting further evidence in order to verify if a record has been broken," it added.
    The Philippine crocodile was captured by professional hunters after a three-week hunt following a spate of attacks that killed two marshland residents and several farm animals.
    However, no trace of the human victims have been found in its gut.
    Canoy said the captive crocodile eats 17 kilograms of pork every five days and has become the main tourist attraction in the remote town of 27,000 people, drawing an average of 500 visitors a day.

= 20 feet...

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...#ixzz1soWBGtWQ

so now look at the pic you posted take the next to largest person and say wow they may be standing say 5-6 feet. take that and slam that bar side ways.... line up and make the count. 6 ok the pic of alligator exceeds 30 feet. IT's a photoshop!

fake.JPG
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...m=QBIR#x0y1440
    Great edit Woo.glad I went "Back In Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post

If that is photoshopped, they did a damn good job getting the shadows just right.

Follow slogoen on Instagram.

It looks like a disnosaur.

"The dude abides"

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes it most likely took some twenty layers or so... and one to days....

Here was a test of mine.... maybe five hours!

Original ....

Here is the Photoshop...aussiebushman.JPG

If you look close I slimmed him down and made the croc longer. Could not figure out how to remove all the arm hair... oh well.This was 14 layers of edits.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 04-23-2012 at 22:02.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

If this duckling is wild, federal law covers the duck because they migrate. Prison time is a real possibility. There was a man about 20 years ago that clubbed a Canadian Goose to death on a golf course because the honking made him miss a putt......he got 8 years.

geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adams View Post
    If this duckling is wild, federal law covers the duck because they migrate. Prison time is a real possibility. There was a man about 20 years ago that clubbed a Canadian Goose to death on a golf course because the honking made him miss a putt......he got 8 years.

geek
    Right you are,my state requires a Federal stamp and a state stamp.Not sure of the spices of the duck,but you could probably add more charges to that list,those prosecutors can get real creative when they feel the situations warrants it.

I raise Muscovies. They are domestic if they can find a home. (Think "feral dog" who is actually one who got away from an owner who neglected him.) They are not migratory although I guess they would move a mile or so away from a neglectful, abusive home. Each has its own markings so that each can be distiguished from the others. The mother duck has devoted much of her life to her hatchlings. First, she lays one, then another, finally maybe 15 fertile eggs. Then she begins her 35 day-and-night set. During that time she leaves her nest a maximum of 30 minutes each day to eat, drink, defecate, and bathe. When she loses her duckling, she worries and looks for it. They are incredibly devoted mothers. Over-crowded as in some places in Florida, they act out like overcrowded humans.
    --Kinnickinic

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc89 View Post
    Seems to be a lot of hate for us young whippersnappers.
    It's not hate : It's just that the good many don't like being harshly judged by the bad acts of the crazy few

Images

just to provide some balance, I saw this on TV this am:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpz9USr1RHg

Nice video HB57. I wonder what kind of ducks those are. Muscovies are silent, no quack-quack-quack.--Smiling Kinnickinic

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    just to provide some balance, I saw this on TV this am:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpz9USr1RHg
    very cool.........

Except for a few counties in south Texas the federal government now list Muscovy ducks as an invasive species. Regulations prohibit sale, transfer or propagation of Muscovy for any purpose other than food (on your own property). The government has established methods for their removal from all other areas.

http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/Re...rch%202010.pdf

And yes the are the feral pigs of Florida waters now. When my neighbors Muscovy started laying eggs at my house, I ate the fresh ones and destroyed the rest. You can shake the eggs to kill them then return to the nest, or they will keep laying until they think the right amount is in the nest.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    "Leave no trace" should apply in towns as well as on the trail.
    Well, there's no trace of this duckling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Well, there's no trace of this duckling.
    That there reminds me of a lemon aid stand I didn't visit.

To add a rather macabre note to this thread about ducks and alligators, I got this unsolicited note this a.m. from a friend who lives a few miles away from Damascus:

I watched a very sad sight yesterday morning--I could have cried. A young mother duck had made a nest in the front flower bed. Yesterday morning two marauding crows came while the mother was off her nest. They destroyed the nest and ate the ducklings right in front of the horrified mother. Damn, nature is tough on all of us!

Crows and hikers. What's a poor duckling to do?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++