WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: What age group do you fall into?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How old are we?

well... if I wake up and feet can hit the floor (as short as I am that's a biggy LOL) then it's a great day & I'm off & running. I neither look or act my age but figure that with all the mistakes I've made over the years I must have learned a thing or two. If I turned back the clock, it would be just my luck, that missing year would be the one I learned something in .... so I guess I'll hang on to those years and as long as the feet keep hitting the floor in the morning I'll keep on going.

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

As has often been said ...age is just a measure of chronology. It's how you live and your mental state that determine where you fit.

I'll be 56 in July but I have yet to find many 56 year old people with whom I have much in common. Aside from threads like this and, I really don't give much thought to my age. I'm doing everything now that I was doing in my 30's and 40's and in some cases with greater pleasure. That said ...it sometimes takes me all night to do what I used to do all night !!

'Slogger
    AT 2003
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Default Age...

Age really is relative. I've meet 50 -somethings who are in awesome shape. Can kick my 30 yr old butt in any activitiy!

I've met people my age (mainly back where I grew up) who are out-of-shape, look worn out, and hard to believe that we are the same age.

I've met 20 yr olds whose idea of exercise is going from the couch to the fridge and back. They will look like the worn out 30 yr olds I havce seen.

I figure as long as I stay active, take care of myself (and hopefully inherited the same genes that made my grandfather healthy for most of his life), this body should beo n the trails for a long time.

Default How Old

The reason why I like hiking is that no one gives a rat's behind how old you are. The people that do this are in general, crazy, and it makes me fill right at home.

Again, I didn't want the whole "Age is in your head" thing to be an issue with the poll, just wanted to get a sense of the demographic of WB users.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mags
    Age really is relative. I've meet 50 -somethings who are in awesome shape. Can kick my 30 yr old butt in any activitiy!
    I've kept myself in pretty good shape, and just kicked the butt of some 20-something staff members down in Cancun on the soccer field. I gotta tell you though, I'm really, really feeling a lot more pain than they are, I'm sure!
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Images

i feel better at 46 than i did at 26 or 36,i quit a lot of bad habits thru the years
    neo

Quote Originally Posted by Lilredmg
    Look in the upper right hand corner of your post. No need to bother mum over this.
    Right... too old to see the ****ing thing.

Long Trail '04
    Images

The Big 3-0.

But I chose the 20-30 range instead of the 30-40 range.. It made me feel better.

tideblazer
    Images

Nice looking normal curve so far.
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Default Trapped

I am a 17 y.o. trapped in this 66 y.o. body. Where did the years go? Why, I can remember..... Crap, that was a long time ago. But, gosh, I'm having fun. Bob

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavageLlama
    The Big 3-0.

But I chose the 20-30 range instead of the 30-40 range.. It made me feel better.
    I like that idea. I turn 31 [1] next month...if I vote before then, I can put myself in the 20-30 range!

[1] On the opening day of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith...how appropos for a Gen Xer?

Images

LOL Mags!!

....and here I saw this thread AFTER I turned 50 late less than two weeks ago!

I'll just have to help keep the average up....
    VAMTNHIKER
    (Previously known as ScouterSteve)
    Thru-hiker Dreamer
    Near-term Section Hiker

Images

Thumbs up plenty of time to bitch about age after you're dead....

I'll be 34 in 10 days, and I've never felt better. The older I get, the more truth I find in the old axiom, "youth is wasted on the young". Like my favorite song says, always look on the bright side of life.

Images

Default Too many bridges over the water....

Well, I went to vote in this poll and the system told me that I had already voted!....Guess that sums it up pretty well....too much work....too much time (52 years)...I think I hear a mountain trail calling my name.
    MtnTopThinker.......

If you care for your rivers, then take care of your mountains.

Journal Entries
    Images

i'm actually 45 and still here, truthfully i don't think i'll live to see fifty???

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

My age doesn't show in my info, but we are older than most. I want to know who is 90+

Default Me?

I regretted when I was young boy, I really wanted time to go fast so that I can get driver license. Now, I am 34 and shucks, time goes by too faster than what I thought. I think maybe God granted me my wish when I was little boy. Damn!

Flash Hand

Default Right on the line....

I just turned 30 (yep that's right TURNED as in milk turns bad...) and I put my age in the 30-40 range - right now anyway I like feeling a bit older. At this point I'm happy to be out of that "young adult angst" and in a place where everyone is more comfortable with who they are and what they are doing with their lives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++