Ok - I'm starting a westbound hike on Saturday July, 7. I don't necessarily want to hike in lock step with anyone but it would be fun to see who I might be roaming with. I plan on mailing all of my gear to some mailbox place or hotel near DIA - I'll fly in on the 6th - I'll probably hit up an outfitter for a can of fuel, a grocery for a few perishables (block of cheese maybe) and be on my way to Waterton Canyon. I've got Yogi's guide and directions by bus, light rail and the Jeffco call and ride and will do all of this as expediently as possible on the morning of the 7th. The big deal is that I only have about 20 days +/- to hike. I'm pretty fast but I am not expecting to finish on this trip - I'm thinking about 18 actual hiking days at 18 miles per day average - this is about 325 miles - we'll see how it goes but if I go slow, I'll only make it to Monarch Mountain Lodge (mile 253) - optimistically, I'll make it to Creede. If I'm really flying, I won't rule out finishing the trail but that's a long shot - I want to have fun. - I'll also build in a full day to shuttle back to DIA (by whatever means I can). Next year, I'll return to finish the trail west of where ever I stop this year. This year, my family wants me home by the end of the month. That's my plan - - like I said, I don't want to hike with you (as in, wait on you or have to catch up to you or share gear with you) but it would be fun to know who I'll be "hiking along side" and maybe drinking a beer with in Breckenridge and so forth ...... best to yall, papa d