WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

The History Channel IS bad reality TV, in my opinion.
    Follow your bliss......
    Joseph Campbell
    http://www.trailjournals.com/rockie/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    ... bad guys learn quickly that the AT is not a good place to hang out. To many bad ass good guys.
    And evidently a few dumb ass guys as well. ...
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

There must be someone on White Blaze who actually met Stonewall. Was he too strong for one person to be able to strangle him to death? It is a sad question, but it nags at me. Of course, if he were impaired in some way, I guess that would be a posibility, but most fellows I have met on the trail appeared to be able to defend themselves or outrun an attacker.~~~~Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SawnieRobertson View Post
    There must be someone on White Blaze who actually met Stonewall. Was he too strong for one person to be able to strangle him to death? It is a sad question, but it nags at me. Of course, if he were impaired in some way, I guess that would be a posibility, but most fellows I have met on the trail appeared to be able to defend themselves or outrun an attacker.~~~~Kinnickinic
    Some police departments have banned the use of choke holds when restraining a suspect. Too many (unintentional) deaths. The police and military teach specific and effective techinques.

You can develope a sense of beloging and ownership on and for the AT that can keep you hanging around people and places you wouldn't tollerate in other circumstances. Why? Because the trail is "so safe" and you become more tollerant than pehaps you should be. With the element of surprise and focus a little **** can take out someone far more athletic and strong than you'd think.

I have wondered about this as well. But if Stonewall was sleeping, perhaps in the shelter near where his body was found, how hard would it be for someone to asphyxiated him?
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    I have wondered about this as well. But if Stonewall was sleeping, perhaps in the shelter near where his body was found, how hard would it be for someone to asphyxiated him?
    Unfortunatly,not very hard at all,the conventuial way(if there ever was such a thing).Along time ago I was working with this old timer,and were doing a job that invovled these really large heavey duty commercialized Ty-Raps,And he says to me,"Ya know,you could sneek up behind someone,and just slip this over there head,and like that....just step away,and watch it happen"with out a means to cut or something,your just not gonna get it off.Pretty freaking scary if you ask me.

There must be someone on White Blaze who actually met Stonewall.
    I met Stonewall. He was a nice young man. My guess is he was about 5'7 or 5'8, slender build.

Such a shame.....

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Please name one property crime he was accused of by someone on the trail.
    Although not Papa Smurf - there have been documented break in's and damaged homes in the past on the AT, it was cause for a man hunt a few years back and the articles were posted here on WB. The man was eventually arrrested for burglary on 11+ properties. I am thinking about 5 years ago.

TD55 - if its a mile or two from the trail it just doens't matter - its moot.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 07-03-2012 at 11:13.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Although not Papa Smurf - .
    You are correct, it was not Papa Smurf
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries
    Images

Here we go again.... bringing good threads to the top!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    And evidently a few dumb ass guys as well. ...
    I HAVE YET TO MEET A BAD ASS on the trail.... You all just think your a bad ass....... The loser never goes to PRISON

Journal Entries
    Images

Birchy wrong thread man .. we are talking about murder here -not check kiting or pissin folk off. what an atti....

Woo

Here we go again.... bringing good threads to the top!
    Your wish is about to come true.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries
    Images

awe PM'ed him removed all the doubt. Didn't know you have internet access from...small spaces.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

kanga.JPG Good Morning - Where did everyone go?

Woo

kanga.JPG Good Morning - Where did everyone go?
    I didn't know you could have antlers while in.

Have there been any new developments in this case this year?

I still think of Scott from time-to-time. While he was rather nervous and a bit agitated when we met him, he did make a great impression on our young teens during the day we spent with him on the trail. He had a great heart, and offered our boys some good advise and food for thought.

Any news??

Journal Entries
    Images

Shelb honest there hasn't been a break in this old case, I am sure the FBI & local PD will do its best...not everything gets solved unless folk come forward and give testimony... Sad really, my heart goes out to the family.

Woo

It's is without question a tragedy... its an investigation, please do not jump to conclusions.
    you cant help but see the beaming pride and joy in this young man.i hope for peace and closure for the family and friends .

Aww... I wish they could find out what really happened. He does look happy!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++