WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Trails Near Nashville

I recently moved to Nashville, TN after graduating college. I've spoken to a few people and have some ideas in mind, but thought I might throw a line into Whiteblaze Pond and see what I can catch.

Any good trails for a 2-4 day hiking trip within and hour or so of the city? There's plenty to choose from but I was hoping to get some suggestions for favorites in the area. Thanks!!
    the dude abides

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

There is a very active hiking group in Nashville. PM Rain Man.

But there are a number of state parks with small trails. LBTL has a good network. The best ops would be the Cumberland Trail and South Fork
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slacks View Post
    Any good trails for a 2-4 day hiking trip within and hour or so of the city?
    Well, dang, you just missed a good 3-day, 34-mile hike this past weekend on the Cumberland Trail near Soddy-Daisy (about a 3 hour drive). The "Nashville Backpacker" group on www.meetup.com has about 3 hikes a month, led by various people (some of them by me). We hike anywhere from Long Hunter State Park here in Davidson County, to the Appalachian Trail through Maryland the middle of next month (another I'm leading).

There are at least three books on hikes in middle Tennessee covering trails galore. Give me a shout if you'd like to discuss by phone some time.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Thanks! I will check that website over the next few months and hope to jump in on one. Unfortunately I don't have much flexibility on my work schedule right now, so I'll be doing what I can. I'll send you a PM Rain Man if I have any more specific questions, and feel free to PM me any invites for hikes.

Cheers
    the dude abides

Has anybody been to Savage Gulf, and is it worth checking out?
    the dude abides

Images

Has anybody been to Savage Gulf, and is it worth checking out?
    Tens of thousands of people have been to the Savage Gulf. It's well worth checking out, indeed.

... I'll send you a PM Rain Man if I have any more specific questions, and feel free to PM me any invites for hikes.
    Just keep an eye on the "Nashville Backpacker" group (it's open to the public to view) on www.meetup.com. You'll see invites for all the hikes.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

++ New Posts ++