WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    Journal Entries
    Images

Ahh yes it so sucketh, folks have pooped for 100,000 years without cat holes... but there is e-coli..in the poop. there goes the woods.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Are you using the vargo with a titanium pot? It does not work with stainless steel.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Ahh yes it so sucketh, folks have pooped for 100,000 years without cat holes... but there is e-coli..in the poop. there goes the woods.
    Yes but for 99,850 of those years, we did not have a proper understanding of the spread of infectious diseases. Besides, stepping in a poorly placed pile sucks
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Mountain Smith Hiking poles, used them once and they were terrible, they kept collapsing! Returned them and got Black Diamond ones, much better!

"Worst Gear you ever bought"

That 8 person Coleman dome I used up on Blood Mountain. That SOB was bigger than the damn shelter! It was an epic night!
    Abbrikka Cadabrikka

25 dollar "20 degree" synthetic bag from amazon. took it up mount washington for a nice day hike with some friends in march. It was possibly the worst sleeping bag iv ever seen and we were caught in a blizzard near the summit. camped out with minimal gear in the lake of the clouds emergency shelter from snow and visibility. i ended up on the floor with no ground sheet no pad and this bag. NEVER AGAIN

Images

Quote Originally Posted by EriKelly View Post
    25 dollar "20 degree" synthetic bag from amazon. took it up mount washington for a nice day hike with some friends in march. It was possibly the worst sleeping bag iv ever seen and we were caught in a blizzard near the summit. camped out with minimal gear in the lake of the clouds emergency shelter from snow and visibility. i ended up on the floor with no ground sheet no pad and this bag. NEVER AGAIN
    shoulda taken a ground sheet

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Yes but for 99,850 of those years, we did not have a proper understanding of the spread of infectious diseases. Besides, stepping in a poorly placed pile sucks
    Oh OK you win thats why our forefathers had boot scrapers at the front door... Maybe I will change my mind when the horse folk bag their poo on the trails.... (when ya grow up around farms ya tend to not care)
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

I bought a Bora '95 for a trekking trip in India. I had about 20 lbs of gear and the thing was huge. I have never used it since, and at $500, and expensive dust collector.

Yea, if nothing else, dig a cathole so I dont step barefoot in poop like I did by Slant Rock in the Adirondacks. Someone pooped about 4 feet from my tarp, didnt even try to bury it, and yeah, stepped on that in the middle of the night. BAREFOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmeh View Post
    Agreed. Carrying the elbow grease was a waste also. Once I started counting grams, though, I did become a fan of dehydrated water.
    A chemist friend of mine told me this is possible, but its offset by the weight of carrying the hydrogen in a tank.

But, stepping in a properly placed patty can be so rewarding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH9R-GRPbqw
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
++ New Posts ++