WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

of Hatman and Happy Feet GAME '01 Happy Feet's Avatar
    Images

Default Good light camera

Looking for a LIGHT but good camera that takes great pictures. Anybody have a camera they are really happy with that fits the bill and they would recommend? I have a fairly small camera now, but want smaller and lighter. Thought I'd start my research here. Thanks!

I like my Canon S95. It is a high-end point and shoot. For a P&S it isn't particularly light, but compared to an SLR or enthusiast cameras, it is more compact. People who want really light these days are going with their cell phone cameras. If you are taking the cell phone any ways, then the additional weight is zero. Doesn't work for me as my cell phone is old and stupid and I like it that way.

Just picked up a Canon ELPH 100. Love it so far.

I also considered a Panasonic Lumix TS20 16.1 MP TOUGH Waterproof Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom. That'll be my next purchase.

I have a Lumix DMC-TS3 that works great. A bit expensive but it's waterproof. Take photo in the rain (if you remember to wipe the drops off the lens) or underwater. When hiking I turn off all the GPS stuff and can get 2 weeks of photos on a single charge of the battery. I think this camera has been replace with the DMC-TS5. These is also a cheaper version now.

Images

My wife has a nikon coolpix 3100. It's very light and small. The battery lasts forever. It has been replaced with the 3300 but you can still find the 3100 for a good price. Either is probably fine. 14 vs 16mp, but you shouldn't notice a difference. I have a canon Dslr but wouldn't think about taking it hiking. The size and weight penalty outweigh it's benefits. Then I think of dropping/breaking/submerging it. $700 vs $120 is a BIG difference if it needs replacing.
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Images

I got a Sony Cybershot DSC-W530. It's nice and light, easy for simple shots, and you got options for things like video and panoramic shots, which actually come out pretty seamless as long as people aren't running through them. Extra batteries are had cheap enough and can last well, too.

Journal Entries
    Images

looks like we have two threads same subject here you go Happy Feet

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...ice&highlight=
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I'm on my second Nikon Coolpix - this one's the L22. Dimensions are 3.75 x 2.25 x 1.00, all inches. I bought it pratically new off e-Bay and am very happy with it. I could fit it in my shirt pocket.

I think it all depends on how much you want to spend on your light digital hd video camera.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

++ New Posts ++