Did this 11 mile section yesterday on way back from Roan Mtn area. Unlike NC/TN, the white stuff on the ridge line is not just snow--every tree, bush, bramble, etc. is coated with up to an inch. of ice. Which, of course makes the "trail" pretty much a wishful thought. Beautiful up there, but come equipped with spikes and a map. I somehow ended up on the old trail, missing a turn to a reroute near Sarver Hollow Shelter, but luckily came to the shelter sign just when I was about to turn around. I also spent 10 minutes wandering fields near Keffer Oak, as the footprints I was following did not turn (SOBO right) toward the oak tree. It turns out that the stile NOBO from the oak has blazes painted on three sides of it, but the side that I saw seemed to indicate that the trail heads away from the oak. In short, if heading SOBO over the stile (or around, as fence was down) , just bear right immediately, you cannot miss the immense Keffer Oak, that is, unless you have your head down following footprints in the snow...