WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Morning Coffee

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nat View Post
    I think we should keep tea off the coffee thread. If they want a thread, they should start their own! Bah!
    What do you say to Yerba mate and Hot Chocolate?

I think we should keep tea off the coffee thread. If they want a thread, they should start their own! Bah!
    Oops,sorry bout that.....Capt Nat,spoken like a true coffee snob!tryin to explore new horizons.

Images

I have nothing against a cup of tea, but given the choice of any tea or a cup of hot coffee -- 99 times out of 100 I'll take coffee. To me tea is like a light beer, where coffee is the equivalent of a porter or stout -- it's just more satisfying.
    Biggie

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I don't usually go in for all the tooty fruity ones,but had a coconut flavor this morn...pretty good,having a half and half reg right now.
    Green Mountain? I became hopelessly addicted to Green Mountain coffee while on the trail. Hard to find here though except in the K-cup. Not to worry, I have a keurig.

Journal Entries

Being that he is on the trail I'll put a word in for Mr Coffee him self.
    One should drink enuff coffee in a day that it can run from your vains.

One week in hope your having a grate time new freind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Green Mountain? I became hopelessly addicted to Green Mountain coffee while on the trail. Hard to find here though except in the K-cup. Not to worry, I have a keurig.
    In fact it was "Green
    Mountain House",pretty good...we like it.

Quote Originally Posted by theoilman View Post
    What is the deal with coffee? I haven't had any in over 10 years, and don't miss it. Hot tea is something else. But this is supposed to be a coffee thread.
    It's the aroma
    Like a NYC Italian deli , fresh baked bread and roasting cocoa beans coffee has one of those great aromas that turns you on before you taste it

Quote Originally Posted by oldbear View Post
    It's the aroma
    Like a NYC Italian deli , fresh baked bread and roasting cocoa beans coffee has one of those great aromas that turns you on before you taste it
    My brother-in-law absolutely loves the aroma of fresh brewed coffee, but hates drinking it. Go figure?

Morning all. Having a Tim Horton's double double today after dropping wife off and resting before the afternoon shift. I have a Tassimo at home. I feel guilty about the plastic coffee turds but its very handy when I am asleep standing up first thing AM for my paper route. I have a square of dark chocolate with it. I prefer 72%, but I also like 82% because with 82% I am less tempted to have too many. I am also a big tea drinker, but I'm the first to admit it doesn't cut it first thing in the AM. Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe, and my homemade spiced Chai are my favourites. I also hate Starbucks, although I like the atmosphere of there coffee shops in bookstores. Not a fan of Tim Hortons and McDonalds going the way of Starbucks with their very poor attempts at Latte's etc.

I too like a little AT2% chocolate,got a Bar for x-mas that had Anahiem chilis mixed with it,that was a pretty darn good combo.

Well it isn't like anyone is discussing tea worth drinking.
    Tea should have sugar in it like god intended and served iced.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I'm diggin my kerig,I don't drink as much coffee as I use to and it's convenient when I need a cup without making a whole pot.
    Aeropress is a good way to brew single cups without the Kerig expense.

Quote Originally Posted by tophatxj View Post
    Pretty sure ya'll call it sweet tea down there.must be an infilltrater,like me.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsirocco View Post
    Aeropress is a good way to brew single cups without the Kerig expense.
    I had never herd of that,and had to lookit up,pretty cool.I like stuff that has dual uses or in this case fourple.

Quote Originally Posted by tophatxj View Post
    I drink about a half gallon of iced tea every day in the summer - never instant, never sweetened.
    My experience has been that you southerners have been very hospitable to us Yankees, nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I'm the same way. I like my coffee the same way I like my women: Cheap, hot and bitter.

(Just kidding, honey!)
    ....now that's funny!! Back in my drinking days I'd put in a shot or 2 but those days are long gone, now it's just straight black, I'm not a coffee snob by any means but you really appreciate good coffee after drinking Chickory for a year, that stuff is God awful

Journal Entries

i have used a coffee liquid concentrate called JAVA JUICE. It comes in sealed small containers. When added to hot water it comes as close to the taste of a good cup of coffee without that taste of an instant kind. You can buy this on line, just type in JAVA JUICE. On the AT this year I found it in the outfitter stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrojoe View Post
    i have used a coffee liquid concentrate called JAVA JUICE. It comes in sealed small containers. When added to hot water it comes as close to the taste of a good cup of coffee without that taste of an instant kind. You can buy this on line, just type in JAVA JUICE. On the AT this year I found it in the outfitter stores.
    I've used this before and it was one of my favorites. I've been looking for it in the outfitters down this way. No luck. May have to order some on line. Thanks for the heads-up.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie Master View Post
    I have nothing against a cup of tea, but given the choice of any tea or a cup of hot coffee -- 99 times out of 100 I'll take coffee. To me tea is like a light beer, where coffee is the equivalent of a porter or stout -- it's just more satisfying.
    OK, coming from England , I have vast experience with decent tea - after all, my very distant relatives planted the darned stuff in northern India - I even made a pilgrimage to 'Darjeeling', an ex British hill station prior to hiking in Nepal, where really fresh, 'tips only' tea will just blow your mind with flavor!
    My conclusion, after aproximately fifteen thousand cuppas, is that tea is by far more refreshing than coffe at the start of the day.

I would recommend 'PG Tips','Typhoo', and most Yorkshire blends as folks up there in the moors tend to enjoy their tea well rounded, balanced and STRONG !!
    As far as accompaniments go, tea is best served with milk (regular,4%) and white sugar, either lumps or granular.
    A well loved Sunday tradition is 'Tea and Scones' with a dollop of fresh cream. Ah!!!!

Hills Brothers English toffee is all I'm going to say!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++