WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hike Naked Day

:banana Hike Naked Day

Hike Naked Day is June 20th this year. How many plan to? Any one been arrested or hasseled on the trail in past years?

When I home nekkid I can't get the women to leave me alone...

Journal Entries
    Images

Its hard to take the feathers off....harder to put them back on...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Kayaker, this is your chance. You could be the first to hike the entire AT completely naked. Think of the weight savings possibilities. Think of the fact that whole shelters could be yours, when you show up in your baby suit. Think of the sunscreen and body lotion endorsements. And in every Trail Town a soft bed and bedclothes since you'd be in the slammer every time for indecent exposure. The book possibilities...this is your chance!!!! Go For it. Rename yourself...Buffman...buckaroo...whatever...serious ly get out comfort zone and go for it.

Realistically speaking How naked can a fully loaded hiker be ?
    When I spent two days in Grand Canyon hiking in honor of the late Colin Fletcher
    I was wearing
    1 pair of boots
    2 pairs of sox
    1 Kelty Tioga
    1 Pr leather work gloves-there be some sharp things down there
    1 watch
    1 boonies style hat
    1 pr of wrap around sunglasses
    Was I really naked ?

Seems the Grand Canyon begs to shed clothes. I was coming back up on Hermit Trail and decided to slip off the shorts and shirt and stick them behind my sleeping bag (OMG, yes a sleeping bag on the outside of the pack).

After some time exposed to the sun and knowing I was approaching a trail junction, I reached behind me to retrieve them. Of course the shorts where gone.

Luckily, only abut a quarter of a mile back track to recover them. And no sooner had I gotten dressed than a couple approached from the opposite direction. They had no idea why I was laughing for no apparent reason.

I'm more careful now where I leave my shorts.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

A bad as the mosquitoes and ticks are this year? No thanks.

--louis

"Seems the Grand Canyon begs to shed clothes."
    I was at the western end of the Tonto Trail doing a no -walls hike ala Fletcher and I remembered from his book The Man That Walked Through Time that he was in the same area when he decided to hike naked...so I decided to pay tribute to the spiritual grandfather of my generation of hikers

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Sorry folks bad link google bing ray stevens song The Streek very funny old video it's worth a look if you've never seen it.

No doubt, my trail name would become "tripod".

Images

Being naked is fun - I often swim naked - - I dislike the fact that it is often sexualized - western hot springs (Colorado, Wyoming, Idahao, Oregon, Washington, etc.) are much more accepting - - actually hiking naked isn't as convenient for me as skinny dipping - which I think is almost always appropriate in the woods.

Yeah, seems that the reality of hiking nekkid would be outweighed by shoulder strap rub, sun exposure on skin that is usually covered, etc.etc. etc. However, if you are so inclined.....

I suppose if I was hiking in the dessert like Fletcher was,alone I'd try it too.But probably the closest I wood come on the AT is a kilt/commando with no shirt......I really don't care to see others sweaty and naked....I'm no prize either,nothing sexual.......just ooh daaaam,put some clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I suppose if I was hiking in the dessert like Fletcher was,alone I'd try it too.But probably the closest I wood come on the AT is a kilt/commando with no shirt......I really don't care to see others sweaty and naked....I'm no prize either,nothing sexual.......just ooh daaaam,put some clothes on.
    No doubt. How would you have liked to been the one who ran into that guy in that AT movie. The name slips me right now but the thought of the grossness (is that a word) is.......... well pukey. (is THAT a word)
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Journal Entries
    Images

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Default Hike Naked Day

Hiking naked should be treated like a kind of "bucket list" thing. Yes it is impractical, but it's a freedom issue to experience nature. I think most hikers would just laugh it off when the pass someone on the trail. While I was raised by very conservative parents. They liked NASCAR races. So at an early age my sisters and I were exposed (pun intended) to the racing crowd. They did not treat it like a big deal and answered questions that we had straight forward. My only hope is if a family passes a naked hiker they treat the situation the same way. And as a courtesy, hikers try to cover up as they pass. Being clothing free should not be a crime if it is not being done in a sexual manner. It's a goof that was very common when I was a small child. And is rarely done with a sexual intent.

Unless you think you belong on the cover of a magazine, consider the visual polution your nekid body may be on your fellow hikers eyes (the opposite of eye candy). It would be a sad day if a hiker died falling off a cliff while running away while covering their eyes while screaming "My eyes! My eyes!". Unfortunately, the human nekid body isn't always such a beautiful thing to see.

I think you can get in some serious trouble for this if done in the presence of a minor Regardless of intent so be careful.
    State laws vary.

How many monkey butlers will there be?

One at first. But he'll train others.

Who are we to judge, I say go for it!! Now if you could just provide a bunch of females to join you...I'm in!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++