WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Morning Coffee

Default Morning Coffee

There weren't any recent coffee threads so I thought I would open one.
    I've got another 2 hours before heading in to work. Tarping flatbeds.
    Getting fit but still on the fat side.

It sounds like you actually deserve a cup, seeing as you are doing real work and all. Starbucks pisses me off.

Not a coffee elitest. Plain old black, cheap, any brand coffee. Long as it's hot, black, strong, and clears some of this mental fog so that I can face the day...

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

I'm the same way. I like my coffee the same way I like my women: Cheap, hot and bitter.

(Just kidding, honey!)
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

and then there is vietnamese coffee
    Seriously good stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNdwx3elys

I'm diggin my kerig,I don't drink as much coffee as I use to and it's convenient when I need a cup without making a whole pot.

I bet I put something in my coffee that nobody else does. 1 large scoop of whey protein per cup. I'm trying to stave off the muscle loss that comes with old age!
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Quote Originally Posted by moytoy View Post
    I bet I put something in my coffee that nobody else does. 1 large scoop of whey protein per cup. I'm trying to stave off the muscle loss that comes with old age!
    I do this as well...1 for the taste, 2 for the 20gms of protein to start my day

There was a coffee cup thread a couple of weeks ago. It died out just shy of 100 posts. How desperate are we to have a 100 post thread just on the cups?

90 to go...........

Coffee for me is a blessing and a curse...

Journal Entries
    Images

I HAVE to have coffee for my brain to function. So yeah, it's not IF I bring coffee... it's in what FORM shall I bring coffee? Heh.

On cool hikes, I love to pack chocolate covered espresso beans for breakfast. Coffee, mocha, cream, and sugar in every bite. Yummo. During my warmer hikes I'm gonna pack Chocolate Chip Espresso Biscotti as well as Latte Bars. Latte Bars were a hit in April so I know they will do me just fine. Have yet to make the Biscotti. Looking forward to it tho.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I'm diggin my kerig,I don't drink as much coffee as I use to and it's convenient when I need a cup without making a whole pot.
    Ditto on the keurig, but it's made me drink more. It's just too easy to have a cup anytime! And do you know when it's good to have a cup of coffee? ANYTIME!
    Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie Master View Post
    Ditto on the keurig, but it's made me drink more. It's just too easy to have a cup anytime! And do you know when it's good to have a cup of coffee? ANYTIME!
    I don't usually go in for all the tooty fruity ones,but had a coconut flavor this morn...pretty good,having a half and half reg right now.

I find that the Starbucks Vio might just make it worth having Starbucks on every freakin' corner. Little weight, not much trash, and a decent cup of coffee, especially if you use two.

What is the deal with coffee? I haven't had any in over 10 years, and don't miss it. Hot tea is something else. But this is supposed to be a coffee thread.

Quote Originally Posted by theoilman View Post
    What is the deal with coffee? I haven't had any in over 10 years, and don't miss it. Hot tea is something else. But this is supposed to be a coffee thread.
    I have tried to like tea.Tried some of the loose leaves in a tea ball,I just never seem to go for it first thing.I'm sure it's better for you than coffee,certainly easier to prepair....I just may end up on this rock being a tea drinker...just never know!

Quote Originally Posted by theoilman View Post
    It wouldn't be WB without a hijacked thread! I do coffee in the AM and tea in the PM. Partial to jasmine green tea. Both will definitely be in my pack.

Images

Camped out in the field next to Sunrift Adventures last night - nice night - could hear some traffic noise but slept great - woke up and had TWO "Bold Italian Roast Starbucks VIAs" that I dumped in my pot of boiling water - - it was a great way to start out a day that saw both big thunderstorms and sunburn over my whole torso - - go figure

I think we should keep tea off the coffee thread. If they want a thread, they should start their own! Bah!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++