WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default FootHill Trail...

Just finished the FootHills Trail yesterday, and am of the opinion its like AA on STERIODS... How many steps can there be ???Seriously... Prob one of the nicest/challenging trails I've ever done... If you live close by and don't take advantage of it, ur missin' out... BTW, South to North is best, as the 4 mile climb on the Pinnicle Trail out of Table Rock to get there is an A$$ kicker, going North Bound... Heading back in late October for the colors... BTW... Some of the coolest camp sites I've ever seen... Don't waste ur energy on hittin' all the Falls... JMO...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Toli View Post
    Just finished the FootHills Trail yesterday, and am of the opinion its like AA on STERIODS... How many steps can there be ???Seriously... Prob one of the nicest/challenging trails I've ever done... If you live close by and don't take advantage of it, ur missin' out... BTW, South to North is best, as the 4 mile climb on the Pinnicle Trail out of Table Rock to get there is an A$$ kicker, going North Bound... Heading back in late October for the colors... BTW... Some of the coolest camp sites I've ever seen... Don't waste ur energy on hittin' all the Falls... JMO...
    Congratulations on finishing the FHT - it's indeed a beautiful hike. I hate to tell you this though - relative to most of the AT and many parts of other national scenic trails, I would say that the FHT is pretty mellow - - but it is a very cool trail and you should feel great about hiking it - I did too.

my husband and I just finished the entire trail yesterday. pretty hike...

Quote Originally Posted by swofford View Post
    my husband and I just finished the entire trail yesterday. pretty hike...
    Did I chat with you and ur husband and black Lab at the Toxaway River on Thursday???

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Toli View Post
    I'd never heard of it until recently... And I'm three hours away. I'll have to look into it. I'm going on my first overnighter in a couple of weeks.
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

http://www.foothillstrail.org/

web site for the trail

Images

Did the FT last year and was very impressed, though miss the waterfalls on a trail famous for its waterfalls? No way! And yes, there are "stairs" galore!!!

P.S. This thread really should be moved from AT-General to the Other Trails forum.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Will be doing a section of the trail this weekend up to Burrells Ford, beautiful trail, always love hiking it.

My friend and I are planning to hike the Foothills at the end of May. We are taking a week off from work to thru hike it. Do you guys have any tips or pointers. The plan is to start at Table Rock and somewhere around the halfway point my brother and a friend plan to join us for the rest of the trip. Hope you guys have a goof day and thank you for your help.

Hoovie

Thru Hike Dreamer Extraordinaire
    Images

How long did you take to do it? I am looking at doing the trail sometime in the next couple of years if time permits. I was thinking of doing it in 6 days which would be about 13 miles a day and still allow some time to enjoy the scenery a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bwburgin1015 View Post
    How long did you take to do it? I am looking at doing the trail sometime in the next couple of years if time permits. I was thinking of doing it in 6 days which would be about 13 miles a day and still allow some time to enjoy the scenery a bit.
    I left Oconee SP Tuesday morning and finished Friday nite around 6pm... I figure with all the extra miles to get to the Falls it was about 87 miles... 6 days you will be fine... Lots of scenery to enjoy...

++ New Posts ++