WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trail Logic

Default Trail Logic

I am a librarian in Washington County, Virginia (near Damascus) and I have an unusual request. I have a request from someone who is looking for a book for her brother who is hiking the AT. She thought it was called "Trail Logic" but I can't find anything by that title that matches her description. Here's how she describes the book:
    It is apparently a book designed to give through-hikers something to think about while they're walking; so they read a problem, or riddle, or something in the morning, think about it all day, then look in the back for the answer in the evening.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone out there? If you know anything about this (or something like it) could you email me directly: [email protected].
    Many thanks,
    Wilbur

i want one if it is out there... for some reason i feel like ive heard about this once befor.. hmmm

I'd like to get one too!
    Last edited by Spokes; 04-13-2012 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    I'd like to get one too!
    Appalachian trail;A phycological and emotional guide to hiking the appalachian trail by Zach Davis.....try that!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Appalachian trail;A psychological and emotional guide to hiking the appalachian trail by Zach Davis.....try that!
    Incidentally Zach Davis's trail name is "The Good Badger" http://zrdavis.com/

Possibly Trail Magic close to logic.

Possibly Trail Magic close to logic.
    Seems it is -Trail Magic: Reports From Braid - Joe Liles' Appalachian Trail Hike

Images

but Braid's book doesn't seem to fit the description in the original post....

Images

and neither does Badger's. both are probably good AT books, but do not fit the description....

Zach Davis's (Good Badge) book is Appalachian Trials: A Psychological and Emotional Guide To Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail (Volume 1). It is a very good book addressing the pyschologyical aspects of an AT Thru-hike. Quick easy read, with lots of practical insights. Only $9.35 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Appalachian-Tr...4848724&sr=1-1

I found this: A Walker's Companion. There are other websites that have the same thing, search under Hiking Puzzles, but I think this is what they were looking for. http://www.amazon.com/The-Walkers-Co...4854773&sr=1-4#_

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    I found this: A Walker's Companion. There are other websites that have the same thing, search under Hiking Puzzles, but I think this is what they were looking for. http://www.amazon.com/The-Walkers-Co...54773&sr=1-4#_
    Ding Ding ing ing ing ,we have a winner .Yep I think you have found it ,good job!that also looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Ding Ding ing ing ing ,we have a winner .Yep I think you have found it ,good job!that also looks pretty cool.
    Thank you, thank you. Now I want to get it. Maybe find one to put on my iPod Touch. I'm still searching the multiverse for others...

Click on the Amazon sellers link. You can pick up a used copy for pennies plus shipping. I'd try avoiding the sellers from the United Kingdom for quicker service.....
    Last edited by Spokes; 04-19-2012 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    Click on the Amazon sellers link. You can pick up a used copy for pennies plus shipping. I'd try avoiding the sellers from the United Kingdom for quicker service.....
    Picked up a copy for $1.99+$3.99 S&H for a place in NY.I have had extremely good sevice and books that were correctly labled as good,execlent.from Barnes & Noble used books.last year a copy of Colin Fletchers "The river" and the no longer pulished "The Thousnd mile summer"all came in a timely,and promised condition and shape.Good service!look forward to reading "The Walkers"a think book.sounds cool.

While the book does sound like an interesting read I don't think it is the one the OP is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    While the book does sound like an interesting read I don't think it is the one the OP is looking for.
    I disagree

Images

maybe not, but it sure is closer than any of the other suggestions....

The search and,now debate continue.

Mmmmm. this whole thing makes me wonder about the future and books.
    It's nice to recommend a book and either go to a library or find a used copy, at a good price online.
    But, this will all (most likely) become a thing of the past with e-books being the norm for new books now.

I don't own a kindle and don't want one. I live where it rains a lot and it's so hard on electronics.
    I like to trade books with friends and we have a bit of a community going on here doing just that.
    I imagine I'll have to eventually get one though as I like to read.

Are books going to go the way of maps, records/tapes, phonebooks, checkbooks, payphones, film, etc. and be museum pieces some day instead of something we use everyday?
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++