WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Couple of questions on time and distance...Thanks!

I plan on having my shuttle, when confirmed, on dropping me at the I40 spot so I can head south towards Davenport Gap Shelter my first day. Not sure if I am reading this map right but how far is it from that spot to the shelter? I think I am looking at 1.9 miles? Also, how much drive time does it take to get from Fontana Dam to the I40 drop spot? I have to drive 8 hours just to get to Fontana and I want to be sure to get to my drop spot and up the hill to the shelter my first day. I often tell people I section drive, then I hike! Thanks for the help!!!
    "...grab a stick, we're going for a walk."

Quote Originally Posted by Point Man Chef:1296002
    I plan on having my shuttle, when confirmed, on dropping me at the I40 spot so I can head south towards Davenport Gap Shelter my first day. Not sure if I am reading this map right but how far is it from that spot to the shelter? I think I am looking at 1.9 miles? Also, how much drive time does it take to get from Fontana Dam to the I40 drop spot? I have to drive 8 hours just to get to Fontana and I want to be sure to get to my drop spot and up the hill to the shelter my first day. I often tell people I section drive, then I hike! Thanks for the help!!!
    100 miles (2 hours) from Fontana Dam to the AT trailhead near Davenport Gap. I think your estimate of 1.9 miles to the shelter is correct.

++ New Posts ++