WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    So who had money on "No Way"? From his FaceBook Page 21 hrs ago: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Run-Bum/111120335623670

"to everyone who has helped and who has believed in me i am sorry after puking and the other thing everywhere for the last couple of hours from what must have been from drinking some bad water... I am officially throwing in the towel for the Appalachian Trail after 6 days of heaven and hell. A long story to come. It was the best of times it was the worst of times. PS I NEVER WANNA SEE A MOUNTAIN TRAIL AGAIN ha! I will say I am now a different and better person for this. Thanks to all who helped I can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!"
    Welcome to the Appalachians. Sounds like something got shattered, but it wasn't the record.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Funny stuff

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Let me go

Images

6 days, 200 miles. Hell, I could probably do that. Walking. Unsupported. Anyone want to sponsor me?

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    6 days, 200 miles. Hell, I could probably do that. Walking. Unsupported. Anyone want to sponsor me?
    Sure, I'll send you a bottle of protein wonder powder nutrient supplement for power and vitality (aka non fat dry milk).

Images

Sure, I'll send you a bottle of protein wonder powder nutrient supplement for power and vitality (aka non fat dry milk).
    Awesome. That's one.

Judy@Lightheart, how about an mp3 player?

Chortle ...
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

So the sportiva guy is done already??
    "Teufel Hunden"

Dramatic and anti-climatic. Too much Monoamine Oxidase A! Next contestant please. Let me provide motivation, you will never ever beat Ward Leonards record, but maybe Happy Gilmores hockey records can be matched. Im working on my own record, how many smalltimers can I piss off.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Appleseed View Post
    Dramatic and anti-climatic. Too much Monoamine Oxidase A! Next contestant please. .... Im working on my own record, how many smalltimers can I piss off.
    With only 37 post?!!?
    You'd better git hoppin'.

Dont worry JJJ, I got the confidence of youth on my side, plus its the quality of the post that I REALLY enjoy. Add the support of many, were talking shattering records and selling books, WHOO HOO!

Images

Awesome. That's one.

Coming right up - do I get a pair of socks??

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Appleseed View Post
    Im working on my own record, how many smalltimers can I piss off.
    The important question is: What donations will you require?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

So who had money on "No Way"? From his FaceBook Page 21 hrs ago: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Run-Bum/111120335623670

"to everyone who has helped and who has believed in me i am sorry after puking and the other thing everywhere for the last couple of hours from what must have been from drinking some bad water... I am officially throwing in the towel for the Appalachian Trail after 6 days of heaven and hell. A long story to come. It was the best of times it was the worst of times. PS I NEVER WANNA SEE A MOUNTAIN TRAIL AGAIN ha! I will say I am now a different and better person for this. Thanks to all who helped I can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!"
    This is no fun, he announced with all the fanfare then snuck out to the trail in the dead no night without a peep. I am actually impressed that he announced he was quitting. I would have been too embarrassed after going on how pain and adversity wasn't going to stop him. Further, I love his comment that it wasn't his muscles that did him in, yeah he's right, his muscles didn't allow him to maintain even the unsupported record and his mind caused him to throw in the towl. Does he think he's the first to deal with these problems?

But what I find incredible is that he had such a poor performance given what can be called a pretty impressive trail running resume. Now, compare his level of fitness to some others who also think they will beat a record on a couple of trails this year. Just shows how out of touch many are to both their capabilities and the challenges of a fast hike.

Images

At my best, with a pack, I could have managed 200 miles in 8-10 days, so I would say what he managed was pretty impressive. Except that he set his expectations so unrealistically high and got sponsors for a record attempt. What would would impress me is if he took some time to recover, then went back out to do a supported run/hike and get a feel for the trail. Then he would be in position to form a realistic plan for a record hike.

Ball's in his court.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Quote Originally Posted by gg-man View Post
    This is no fun, he announced with all the fanfare then snuck out to the trail in the dead no night without a peep. I am actually impressed that he announced he was quitting. I would have been too embarrassed after going on how pain and adversity wasn't going to stop him. Further, I love his comment that it wasn't his muscles that did him in, yeah he's right, his muscles didn't allow him to maintain even the unsupported record and his mind caused him to throw in the towl. Does he think he's the first to deal with these problems?

But what I find incredible is that he had such a poor performance given what can be called a pretty impressive trail running resume. Now, compare his level of fitness to some others who also think they will beat a record on a couple of trails this year. Just shows how out of touch many are to both their capabilities and the challenges of a fast hike.
    I believe he got hit with that stomach problem that seems to be prevalent on the trail this year in the south.
    That would slow anyone way down it seems.

If he really wanted to succeed, he should wait till he gets over the intestinal problems and start over.
    But it sounds like his heart is no longer in it.

It's more head than heel.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Hey Chinmusic, I require hot women support and unlimited web access to complete my mission. If I were to try a record speed hike, id require a 24 hour medical support team, cause id kill myself trying, and maybe I could beat some records, but I dont feel the need to be the known best hiker ever. I guess I got the already know im a badazz gene, how would I live with myself if I couldnt fit my ego in a car anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    Coming right up - do I get a pair of socks??
    Yep, Silnylon!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead View Post
    I believe he got hit with that stomach problem that seems to be prevalent on the trail this year in the south.
    That would slow anyone way down it seems.
    Except the experience and knowledge of better walkers probably would have prevented that illness from happening in the first place.

Ounces are the little-death

Mapman, thanks a lot!
    I'm laughing at some of those stops and thinking back to how long it took me getting through them. This is really cool.

Too bad for the run bum guy. Maybe he was intentionally starting out at a lower pace and looking to break out in the middle. His running experience makes me think he knows a thing or two about pacing.

I believe JPD had those stomach issues,she finished.....46 days!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++