WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I believe JPD had those stomach issues,she finished.....46 days!
    Oops that was a supported hike.....yeah think the microbes new.

Did I just wink at myself?....I believe I did!

Peachfuzz

Good luck!

Run, hike, bike, chill.

Yep, JPD had those stomach issues and nearly threw in the towel but was stopped by the encouragement and understanding of her husband. Go read Sean's blog post about the hell of a first day he had while out there on the trail. I'm not giving him leeway for excuses but if any of us had run into the mistakes he had we would all be hurting. It isn't like he doesn't understand that but it hasn't shaken him one bit. He's back on the horse and achieving other goals he has had in mind while most of y'all are putting in more posts than miles.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by jos2thehua View Post
    Yep, JPD had those stomach issues and nearly threw in the towel but was stopped by the encouragement and understanding of her husband. Go read Sean's blog post about the hell of a first day he had while out there on the trail. I'm not giving him leeway for excuses but if any of us had run into the mistakes he had we would all be hurting. It isn't like he doesn't understand that but it hasn't shaken him one bit. He's back on the horse and achieving other goals he has had in mind while most of y'all are putting in more posts than miles.

Cheers.
    If you please,inlighten (with regard to the type of horse),cause I won't be going back to that site anymore,but if you would like to list said life goals,I might read it,if not.....then go take a big cyber hike!

Run, hike, bike, chill.

First of all, I believe it's "enlighten" .

Secondly, it's not within my objective to tantalize you with the ability to have respect for another human and simply let be, be. I just ask that instead of bashing people's choice to do what they very well please on a trail that welcomes it, you hike and let run/hike/walk/stroll/skip/crawl or whatever anyone else wants to do.

Sure, I agree it's annoying each season to see many arrogantly proclaim that they'll "shatter" said speed record. However, it's equally as annoying to see people on the interwebz debate this. I mean seriously, without y'alls debating they wouldn't even get the coverage they are getting. Their proclamations would go unheard and these forums would be used for what they are intended for: helping people with advice on a variety of hiking/outdoor subjects. I don't think I need to explain that though to someone who has logged over 2,179 posts which is as nearly as many miles on the AT.

Good day sir.

Secondly, it's not within my objective to tantalize you with the ability to have respect for another human and simply let be, be. I just ask that instead of bashing people's choice to do what they very well please on a trail that welcomes it, you hike and let run/hike/walk/stroll/skip/crawl or whatever anyone else wants to do.

Sure, I agree it's annoying each season to see many arrogantly proclaim that they'll "shatter" said speed record. However, it's equally as annoying to see people on the interwebz debate this. I mean seriously, without y'alls debating they wouldn't even get the coverage they are getting. Their proclamations would go unheard and these forums would be used for what they are intended for: helping people with advice on a variety of hiking/outdoor subjects. I don't think I need to explain that though to someone who has logged over 2,179 posts which is as nearly as many miles on the AT.

Good day sir.
    I believe that you have made several good points, but I think you need to hear this: You are 20 yrs old. Even though you think that you may have the wisdom of the universe, you do not. The day will come when you are at your computer-posting, rather than hiking lots of miles. Rocketsocks has contributed a lot to this site and for that, he deserves your respect. I do not always agree with him, but no one can say that he doesn't make WB a better place.

When you get older, sometimes you just lose patience and have to call a "blowhard" - a blowhard. It's like quit with all the websites and medals and patting yourself on the back before you are even out the door - and just do it.

I don't agree with everything, but I do defend his right to his opinion. The truth is that people who make these big announcements look pretty silly when they can't follow through.

Good day sir.
    OK.........and en my world it's inlighten.And your boy didn't just post his inttinteons he got his own website.And I could care less,I really couldn't my posts were just an obsevation,and that is all.I checked his website,didn't see much going on,and posted what I thought,I think I was fare.....you on the other hand have taken hero to a whole new level,why is anyones guess.Ba as in Ba bye.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Keep it to Private Messaging (PMs) please...thanks!

Posts amounts, who is a blowhard and grammar correction are topics that really aren't about speed hiking/trail running.
    Last edited by Mags; 05-25-2012 at 12:46.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Keep it to Private Messaging (PMs) please...thanks!

Posts amounts really aren't about speed hiking/trail running.
    Aye............

So I don't have to read 7 pages... any serious attempts happening this year, supported or unsupported?

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    So I don't have to read 7 pages... any serious attempts happening this year, supported or unsupported?
    On the AT? I don't believe so. At least nothing known on the FKT and hiking boards:
    http://fastestknowntime.proboards.co...print&thread=6

On the PCT, Tuna Helper. First report was recent:
    http://mailman.backcountry.net/piper...ay/059844.html
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Tuna Helper might delay his start by a couple days due to a fire ~75 miles from the border.

Run, hike, bike, chill.

Keep it to PMing. --Mags
    Last edited by Mags; 05-29-2012 at 10:48.

Keep it to PMing. -Mags
    Last edited by Mags; 05-29-2012 at 10:48.

Images

So, i might be off but it seems like tenn_hiker has done 114mi in 10 days?!?

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=381490

Not sub 75 days and surely not record pace.
    It looks like the realities of the trail have set in. Zeros and such.

Despite this, I do wish him luck on his hike!

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    So, i might be off but it seems like tenn_hiker has done 114mi in 10 days?!?

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=381490

Not sub 75 days and surely not record pace.
    It looks like the realities of the trail have set in. Zeros and such.

Despite this, I do wish him luck on his hike!
    appears that way to me. typical.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Made it to Stratton, ME and I decided to head home. After a couple days debating if I wanted to spend the rest of my summer in the woods I decided I didn't want too. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the trip, and I'm kind of sad that I'm going home but at the same time I'm not.. I would love to do the whole trail all at once. But I want to have plenty of time too do it. I could do the trail in 3 months but I wouldn't enjoy it.. sorry I failed. I will upload the pictures I took though.
    http://www.facebook.com/HikingTheAtIn60DaysOrLess
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    This kid when he started said right from the get go,"If I feel like going for it,I will,if not I won't" I for one appreciated and liked his candor,and found it refreshing,instead of the usual huffing and puffing,and I'm the best anyones ever seen attintude.....

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

I'm sick of people asking why I want to hike the trail so fast. I don't ask you why you want to hike it so slow. It's obvious I want to hike it fast because I enjoy going fast, just as you enjoy going slow.... So quit asking dumb questions.
    This is a quote from his May 9, 2012 Trailjournals.com entry. Maybe it wasn't such a dumb question after all.

Quote Originally Posted by tenn_hiker View Post
    I will be starting between may 27th and June 1st at the latest.. I will be keeping a journal at:
    http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=13163
    Keep in mind, I am not going out there to set the record.. I'm going out there to have fun, and enjoy my self.. and if I find that I can keep the pace to break the record then so be it! My hike will be under 75 days max

Who? Me? or the Sportiva guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blue View Post
    This is a quote from his May 9, 2012 Trailjournals.com entry. Maybe it wasn't such a dumb question after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenn_hiker View Post
    Who?

And just so everyone knows I will be going for the unsupported record, no guarantees, but I'm going to try!
    These are the posts I was talking about.Not looking for a pissing match here, just,wanted to support my posts,even though I got the words wrong,the sentiment is there I think,anyway,these quotes are why I wrote what I did.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++