WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User Hiking Researcher's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Default Backpacking Trip in NC May 4-7

I am planning to backpack May 4-7 in the NC mountains. 10-12 miles a day. Location TBD & flexible. Let me know if interested.

Images

I was wanting to do a weekender this weekend also at Harpers Creek but am flexible, which trails were you thinking about?

I'm in Winston Salem, Pisgah and Nantahala forest aren't too far

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsalot View Post
    I was wanting to do a weekender this weekend also at Harpers Creek but am flexible, which trails were you thinking about?

I'm in Winston Salem, Pisgah and Nantahala forest aren't too far
    Funny you should post this as I'm right in the planning stages of pulling a Harpers Creek trip myself. Do you know the area well? Maybe we could share information on some PM's?? I'm shooting for drop off on Hiway 181 on the MST/Greentown trail down to Upper Creek and north, etc. My first trip in the area was to Lost Cove Creek in 1982 and then Steels Creek in '82 and Upper in '84 and Harpers in '83.

Registered User Hiking Researcher's Avatar
    Journal Entries

I was thinking about the art loab trail, shining rock area. I have not hiked harpers creek. What are you thinking about there. I am wanting to plan several 3-4 night trips over the next few months if you are interested.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Funny you should post this as I'm right in the planning stages of pulling a Harpers Creek trip myself. Do you know the area well? Maybe we could share information on some PM's?? I'm shooting for drop off on Hiway 181 on the MST/Greentown trail down to Upper Creek and north, etc. My first trip in the area was to Lost Cove Creek in 1982 and then Steels Creek in '82 and Upper in '84 and Harpers in '83.
    Nice! Harpers creek loop trail makes me wish I was a duck or had webbbed feet. I know the area fairly well, I've never tried your option approach, my approach is usually from the darkside cliffs trail in grandfather mountain.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

++ New Posts ++