WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Recommendations for Olympic National Park

Hey there fellow hikers! Anyone have backpacking experience in the Olympic National Park? Looking to do a 3-4 day trip this summer. Any suggestions of a route or places not to miss would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Click! View Post
    Hey there fellow hikers! Anyone have backpacking experience in the Olympic National Park? Looking to do a 3-4 day trip this summer. Any suggestions of a route or places not to miss would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Olympic National Park is big enough that you have a lot of different choices. Personally, I prefer Mt. Rainier.

My favorite hike in Olympic National Park is a two day (one night) hike -- the Ozette Loop. The total distance is 9 1/4 miles so it can easily be done as a day hike, but I really enjoy camping beside the beach. Here is a link to the pictures from one of my Ozette hikes -- https://picasaweb.google.com/1129680...zetteLoopTrail#
    Shutterbug

Rialto beach trail. Just take a tide chart and study it.
    One of the best hikes in the lower 48.
    I liked it so much, I've done it 3 times.
    I've also done the hike up to Mt. Olympia base camp and it's a totally different hike than the beach trail hike.
    But, there's not many places with as much variety as Rialto's. Eagles, whales, bears, seals, rainforest, tidal wonders (starfish, etc.) fords, cliff climbing (with ropes),
    Just be careful of the driftwood piles, they can be very dangerous.
    Have fun.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

What month? If you are in the late season I would recommend getting into the high country - it is pretty spectacular assuming it is melted out. If you have a chance to do a longer hike in the Olympics I would recommend it - you really have an opportunity to get into some pretty remote areas.

++ New Posts ++