WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: MD Tune-up HIKE

Default MD Tune-up HIKE

I plan to hike on the Appalachian Trail from Gathland State Park to Wolfsville Rd.(about 21 miles) from Saturday to Monday, May 26-28, 2012. (So far I'm thinking of going to Crampton Gap Shelter and tent, then start first thing Saturday). Right now I'm going solo.

I haven't hiked since January so mileage will be aproximately 7-8 miles a day.

Anyone want to joining me for a hike AT in Maryland?

Tumbleweed

Peachfuzz

Good luck!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RETCW4 View Post
    I plan to hike on the Appalachian Trail from Gathland State Park to Wolfsville Rd.(about 21 miles) from Saturday to Monday, May 26-28, 2012.
    I hit the trail tomorrow at Harpers Ferry and finish at PenMar on Tuesday, as it happens. Just a week ahead of you. Will be posting a report in my thread.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    I hit the trail tomorrow at Harpers Ferry and finish at PenMar on Tuesday, as it happens. Just a week ahead of you. Will be posting a report in my thread.

Rain Man

Rainman,
    I saw your thread earlier. I have a church and blacksmith commitment this weekend. I'm sorry I won't be able to meet you. I live about an hour east of the trail and have hiked from Harpers Ferry to Pine Grove furnace about four times both ways. I use it as my training hikes for testing gear and preparing for a thru hike next year.

Have a good hike, The weather looks good except in the 80's on Sunday.

Tumbleweed

Images

Just hiked south from PA 16 to harpers a little over a week ago. beautiful area and a great hike. If you see Ninja (trail runner) tell her I said hi. BTW she is also the caretaker at annapolis rocks. She has a good story about a hiker building a fire so large he burned one of the benches completely up.
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way. I'm goin hikin.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mike View Post
    Just hiked south from PA 16 to harpers a little over a week ago. beautiful area and a great hike. If you see Ninja (trail runner) tell her I said hi. BTW she is also the caretaker at annapolis rocks. She has a good story about a hiker building a fire so large he burned one of the benches completely up.
    Doc,

Will do. I'll be going by there this weekend.

Tumbleweed

++ New Posts ++