WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Dalton, MA to Penn Station NY

I'm getting mixed results on my ride who is supposed to pick me up from my hike from CT - Dalton, MA ... and I'm getting this 3 days before I'm supposed to hit the trail.

Worst case scenario would anyone know the public transportation system over there on my options to get back to NY? I'm doing my best to frantically research this but I'm hitting road blocks not sure in anyone knows it off hand.

Thanks for any help,

Raul

Here is a website that should help: http://www.berkshirerta.com/

Local bus to Peter Pan bus.

Images

Awesome thanks! I just found that Pittsfield, MA the town before Dalton has an amtrak to Penn Station. That may be my best bet. Thanks for the quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    Awesome thanks! I just found that Pittsfield, MA the town before Dalton has an amtrak to Penn Station. That may be my best bet. Thanks for the quick response.
    Amtrak goes to Albany and Boston, once a day from Pittsfield, though you could probably connect in Springfield or Albany. However, Amtrak often runs hours late at Pittsfield. Peter Pan, with two direct buses from Pittsfield to NYC, would be less comfortable, but possibly faster and more reliable. It leaves from the same place in Pittsfield as Amtrak.

If you'll be finishing on a Sunday, when BRTA does not run, the 4 mile walk from Dalton to Pittsfield is not too bad; just look it up on google maps ahead of time.

Images

I should be finishing on a Tuesday or Wednesday. just looked at the Peter Pan schedule. Looks like a better possibility. Thanks for all your help guys!

++ New Posts ++