WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images

Default SOBO's getting soaked right now.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the SOBO'ers out there on the trail right now. We have already met our rainfall quota for the month of June and its still coming. It reminds me of my 2006 SOBO start pretty much exactly. Please take care with the fords and keep your spirits up! We are with you.
    skinny d

Quote Originally Posted by DLANOIE View Post
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all the SOBO'ers out there on the trail right now. We have already met our rainfall quota for the month of June and its still coming.
    Thats a bit over the top don't you think?

With all the problems in the world I'm not going to bother God about a hiker who chooses to be out there getting rained on. I'll save my conversations with God about more pressing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch:1295843
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all the SOBO'ers out there on the trail right now. We have already met our rainfall quota for the month of June and its still coming.

With all the problems in the world I'm not going to bother God about a hiker who chooses to be out there getting rained on. I'll save my conversations with God about more pressing matters.

Images

No prayer need is too great or too small. God hears them all. walking in the rain day after day can be dis heartening especialy if youare just starting your hike.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post

This is exactly why I rarely post here anymore. So much negativity its sickening. My thoughts and prayers are with you too Max! Geez.
    skinny d

Am starting the middle of this month (June). Thank you for the heads up! I will be sure to pack all the waterproof sleep gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketfoot View Post
    No prayer need is too great or too small. God hears them all. walking in the rain day after day can be dis heartening especialy if youare just starting your hike.
    it's a choice. it's a vacation. a want not a need. it's just walkin'. no one HAS to walk in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketfoot View Post
    Exactly!
    If God didn't want those hikers to be wet and miserable, He'd have made it sunny and bright. It's all in the plan.

Newsflash - Its gonna rain every 3rd day or so. BFD.

Rain today means drinking water later.

Seems like a fair trade to me.

This is exactly why I rarely post here anymore. So much negativity its sickening. My thoughts and prayers are with you too Max! Geez.
    Maxpatch's post was uncalled for. Rest assured his views on the OP are in the minority.

In other words. Ignore it.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

This site in ridiculous sometimes. If the OP wants to pray for waterlogged SOBOs, who the hell cares. Unless max patch is a messenger from god, I doubt he has the authority to say what is and what is not over the top to pray about.

Images

Newsflash - Its gonna rain every 3rd day or so. BFD.

Rain today means drinking water later.

Seems like a fair trade to me.
    Bless your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    Bless your heart.
    +1

hahahaha

Oh come on. Can everyone just give it a rest? If a member wants to send out good wishes or prayers, do we have to make such a production of this? There are literally members who are "afraid" to post because they aren't sure whose wrath will be incurred. I have had about 5 members PM this to me in some form or other.

Images

Would the outcome of this thread have been any different if I had not added "prayers" to the post? Just curious. It seems like a few members are missing my point here. I was thinking about my thru hike start and how bad the rain was for me during that time. I had only five non rainy days in Maine and the fords were very scary considering I had never done anything like that before. I wanted hikers who also might be going through the same circumstances to know that they can do it. I wanted them to be safe. The memories I have from my thru hike will be with me forever and I love to share them with others, thats why I'm here at WB.
    skinny d

My Mother-in-Law once prayed that God would help her find her husband's favorite tie in time for church that day.

Might that qualify as "too small"?

I say let'em pray.

cat in the Hat

I used to believe this as well...that my wants and needs were too insignificant for God. However, Jesus is quoted as saying (Matthew 21:22) "if you believe,you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer". In other words, there are no restrictions on prayer requests.

Whether one chooses to accept this as truth or not is another topic (and not suited for this forum).

I hope the SOBO's have a great hike, rain or not. Whenever things "did not go my way" (i.e. too much rain, no water, etc.) I thought of Romans 5:3 - "We rejoice in our sufferings..".

Images

Burt Bacharach said it best ...

"Raindrops keep falling on my head..."
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Not that this helps, but we had that cold rain in MI last Friday. If I prayed that it would go away, I suppose it's my fault. Sorry.

well we've had dry May here in Maine and my garden looked awful. I prayed for tons of rain. Sorry. I caused all of this. It's all my fault.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++