WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    youve got a lot of learning to do. you wont find it in books.you know nothing. its not arrogance. just a fact.grow up.
    And what don't I know that you apparently do, O high and mighty Hikerboy57, ye who cannot even properly capitalize sentences? Ye mighty man, who does not think he's arrogant, but rather some sage, who doth dispense his wisdom amongst the callow youth with the wise words of 'You know nothing, grow up.' Truly, what do you know that I don't? Teach me, if you're so apparently superior to me.

Images

i know nothing too.

i know nothing too.
    Then admit it, rather than claiming superiority.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DogPaw View Post
    He just did.
    We all continue to learn as we live or we stop living.
    I go into about 10 dementia wards a week and see what happens when you stop learning.

Images

cheez, i thought i just did!
    i can tell you though ive lived with worked with worked for many many more peolple than you have. ive raised a family, ive dealt with demons, successfully battled drug addiction when some of my friends werent so lucky. ive learned that people are kind and caring, compassionate. ive learned that every act of evil spawns a thousand acts of good.
    you simply have a lot more to learn. ill refer you to ozjackos quote in the cafe about questions and answers. learning doesnt come from books, but from your relationship with humanity.and you simply havent lived long enough yet.every kid feels the same as you do.im not putting you down, although it may sound that way.
    theres an old saying that when i ws young, my father was the smartest man in the world. when i beacme a teenager, i couldnt believe how stupid he was getting. years later , irealized who the stupid one was all along.
    you'll live, youll learn.
    its all good.
    peace.

i can tell you though ive lived with worked with worked for many many more peolple than you have. ive raised a family, ive dealt with demons, successfully battled drug addiction when some of my friends werent so lucky. ive learned that people are kind and caring, compassionate. ive learned that every act of evil spawns a thousand acts of good.
    you simply have a lot more to learn. ill refer you to ozjackos quote in the cafe about questions and answers. learning doesnt come from books, but from your relationship with humanity.and you simply havent lived long enough yet.every kid feels the same as you do.im not putting you down, although it may sound that way.
    theres an old saying that when i ws young, my father was the smartest man in the world. when i beacme a teenager, i couldnt believe how stupid he was getting. years later , irealized who the stupid one was all along.
    its all good.
    peace.
    Sorry for the hostility, it was unnecessary. That being said, you are in fact putting me down. You act as if I've done none of these things, that I sit at home, thumb up my ass, playing video games all damned day. The fact of the matter is, I do in fact have experience, which more often than not is unrecognized at best and scorned at worst. A bit of recognition instead of regarding me as a mewling child would be more than pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by DogPaw:1316948
    its all good.
    peace.
    Sorry for the hostility, it was unnecessary. That being said, you are in fact putting me down. You act as if I've done none of these things, that I sit at home, thumb up my ass, playing video games all damned day. The fact of the matter is, I do in fact have experience, which more often than not is unrecognized at best and scorned at worst. A bit of recognition instead of regarding me as a mewling child would be more than pleasant.
    Dog Paw - One thing most have not had the opportunity to learn is many times you want to speak you mind to someone, such as voting them out of a shelter, but its a bad idea. The learning part comes into play when you or I open our mouth and someone really hurts you badly. You or I have no idea what the person is capable of. Every once in a while I have to cut someone off from drinking and almost every time it becomes confrontational. This is why many bars employ bouncers.

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    Dog Paw - One thing most have not had the opportunity to learn is many times you want to speak you mind to someone, such as voting them out of a shelter, but its a bad idea. The learning part comes into play when you or I open our mouth and someone really hurts you badly. You or I have no idea what the person is capable of. Every once in a while I have to cut someone off from drinking and almost every time it becomes confrontational. This is why many bars employ bouncers.
    Wouldn't 1d6 fit hikers with staves and trekking poles serve approximately the same function as a bouncer?

Images

If its hostility you're looking for you will find it
    put down your dukes and learn to get along.

I suppose you're correct in that regard, but if someone comes into a shelter at 23:00 to drink/smoke/tell awful jokes while the rest of us are trying to sleep, why should we leave and not him? If he's coexisting with us and not being a pain, that's fine and he's welcome to our food and fire, but if he's being a major pain in our collective asses while we're retiring from a long day's hike, can't we at least emphatically state to him that's he's unwelcome as long as he keeps that activity up?

Quote Originally Posted by DogPaw:1316962
    Wouldn't 1d6 fit hikers with staves and trekking poles serve approximately the same function as a bouncer?
    Pure wishful thinking. I got into a fight in high school that taught me a lesson. Never underestimate your opponent, this guy hit me once then sat on me. He was a friend at one time which is why he didn't keep going. Bouncers are huge for a reason.

Journal Entries
    Images

My only problem with someone smoking weed around me is that I have to leave the area immediately. I cannot under no circumstances be in that situation. On the extremly remote chance they are busted and the ranger/LEO charges everyone I have just become unemployed along with loosing six liquor licenses for my employer. It's extremely selfish to light up near other people.
    As someone who is under the thumb of random drug testing at work, I think your post is understandable - but unlikely to happen. Second Hand pot smoke is even more remote.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    You haven't seen anything until you spend the night of July 4th at the Doyle.

Insane.
    Yea there are lots of old threads on that. - Hang out at the Doyle and Stealth Camp!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl:1316969
    My only problem with someone smoking weed around me is that I have to leave the area immediately. I cannot under no circumstances be in that situation. On the extremly remote chance they are busted and the ranger/LEO charges everyone I have just become unemployed along with loosing six liquor licenses for my employer. It's extremely selfish to light up near other people.
    As someone who is under the thumb of random drug testing at work, I think your post is understandable - but unlikely to happen. Second Hand pot smoke is even more remote.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    You haven't seen anything until you spend the night of July 4th at the Doyle.

Insane.
    Yea there are lots of old threads on that. - Hang out at the Doyle and Stealth Camp!
    WOO I'm not concerned about the second hand with drug testing. More concerned about being charged if some cop just gives everyone a citation.

Ive never hiked the at south of pa,but it seems much more common down south than here.
    It's all them there corn whiskey stills hid back in tha hollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Joe View Post
    Agreed. I apologize. Just a sensitive subject for me. Had a few really good friends die early because of drug use.
    ummmm...this may turn into a better thread than "why cant we all just get along".

I beg your pardon, but I've quite a bit more life experience than my age would suggest, or at the very least more knowledge than many of my peers. If you read any of my previous posts in the matter, you'll see that I mainly suggested a 'live and let live' attitude, but consider the needs of the many to presently outweigh the needs of the few when it comes to shelters. I generally do look for the good and bad in people, the problem is more often than not, when you gaze into the soul of another, you often don't like what you see.
    Those wise beyond their years wont have to make it known, it will show thru without words...."humility comes before honor"

paraphrased Proverb: "he who looks for trouble will find it."

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    He just did.
    We all continue to learn as we live or we stop living.
    I go into about 10 dementia wards a week and see what happens when you stop learning.
    Your better off knowing nothing than everything, once you know it all there's nothing left to learn.

its all good.
    peace.
    Well said HB...Dogpaw...we,ve all been where you are, it's a challenging stage in life...by the way, dont take life too serious, it's only temporary.

And what don't I know that you apparently do, O high and mighty Hikerboy57, ye who cannot even properly capitalize sentences? Ye mighty man, who does not think he's arrogant, but rather some sage, who doth dispense his wisdom amongst the callow youth with the wise words of 'You know nothing, grow up.' Truly, what do you know that I don't? Teach me, if you're so apparently superior to me.
    When I was 16 I knew everything to...nothing a few days lost in the woods, wet, cold, hungry, eaten by bugs, wont cure.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++