WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hello all,

I'm an Atlanta area section hiker who can shuttle to Amicalola and beyond. My information is below (more info on my webpage - see link).

Appalachian Adam

Atlanta, GA
    404-781-9108
    www.AppalachianAdam.com

Shuttles to the trail from the Atlanta area and throughout N.GA and
    Southern TN/NC. Female specific shuttles possible by my wife. Package
    receiving, supply stops, and other services possible. Call or visit
    website to make arrangements!

Registered User Northern Lights's Avatar
    Images

Thanks for that information! I was going to start looking for shuttles or bus service from Atlanta to Springer and you have it all here. That is a fantastic time saver for me

Most of the drivers of Unitaxi DO speak english. I live in Gainesville.

Default Bryson City, N.C.

I am looking to leave my car in Bryson City, N.c.,then get to Springer to start my hike back to Bryson. Any suggestions how I could get from B.C. to Springer sometime mid week next week? Thanks!

Default How Long Does it Take?

More or less, how long does it take to get from Hartsfield Intl to the Dahlonega or Amicolola area? Looking at airport to MARTA through Atlanta and shuttle car from MARTA station. Appreciate any help!

Its a 45 minute ride on Marta from the airport to the North Springs station, and then maybe an hour to Dahlonega or an hour and 15 minutes to Amicalola State Park from the station. To that add 15-30 minutes for "slippage" -- waiting on Marta, getting from the train station to the parking lot, etc.

Max Patch -- Thank you--exactly what I needed. Tailwind

If anyone needs a taxi to Amicalola Falls/Springer Mountain, Give Lloyd a call at 770.572.7487. Rates are very affordable and he is very dependable and prompt.

Images

I'm beginning to think about how to get from Gainesville, GA Amtrak station to Amicalola SP so nice bump.

2012 NOBO AT Hiker In Planning Hairball's Avatar

Hi! I just left you a voice mail reference your cabin and shuttle service. I'm looking to start my NOBO on March 27th or 28th. Let me know rate and availability. Thanks!

2012 NOBO AT Hiker In Planning Hairball's Avatar

Dude your GoDaddy website says it expired last week on the 14th. Thought you should know. I used to deal with GoDaddy and disliked them very much. Hope to see your site back up and running. Thanks.

I stayed in the lodge when I took older son to begin hiking the Appalachian Trail. The lodge was beautiful and the rooms were very nice and clean. Beds were especially comfortable and luxurious, not rustic. The service was especially friendly. Genuine Southern hospitality. It is in remote location, but if you are interested in hiking, either short hikes

I recently bought a house near Mt. Oglethorpe, the terminus of the AT beforeit was relocated to Springer Mountainin the 1950's. I have been fascinated and have read all of the history I have beeen able to get my hands on. For those interested in going to Mt. Oglethorpe, I have permission from the owner of the summit to go on the property. It is a 5 minute drive follwed by a short hike from the locked gate from my house. I am considering offering shuttle and lodging service along with a quick trip to Mt. Oglethorpe to/ from the Atlanta airport and Amicalola or FS42. Email me if you are interested and we can discuss specifics.

Default Springer via Mt. Oglethorpe

I recently bought a house near Mt. Oglethorpe, the terminus of the AT beforeit was relocated to Springer Mountain in the 1950's. I have been fascinated and have read all of the history I have beeen able to get my hands on.

For those interested in going to Mt. Oglethorpe, I have permission from the owner of the summit to go on the property. From my house it is a 2 mile drive followed by a short hike from the locked gateat the end of Monument Road. I am considering offering shuttle and lodging service along with a quick trip to Mt. Oglethorpe to/ from the Atlanta airport and Amicalola or Springer Mountain at FS42. Email me if you are interested and we can discuss specifics.

I'm staying night of march 31 at entrance to hike on approach trail to springer mountain on way to thru hike the at. I don't want to hike approach trail. Is there any reliablentransportation to top? Thanks TINMAN

Images

I am arriving in Gainesville at 9 PM on March 6th via AMTRAK. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding lodging that is close to the station? Maybe an Angel and a ride to the approach trail on the 7th. All I will need to stop for is fuel for my JetBoil. The Hiker Hostel will not pick up that late. The late arrival is a problem for services I know. Liberty Bell

bump
    cause I found it useful
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++