WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

All kinds of stuff you can put in straws; been doing it a long time. I use a Foodsaver sealer; depending on the straw it sometimes takes 2 cycles to seal.

Looks like a lot of neosporin in that tube (its two finger widths wide!). Heck, a typical cut only takes a itsy-bitsy squirt of the stuff. Seems wasteful.

maybe use the little coffee stir straws.

Images

Doesn't neosporin already come in single serving packets? It's a good idea that can useful for other things though...just gotta think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Doesn't neosporin already come in single serving packets? It's a good idea that can useful for other things though...just gotta think of them.
    yeah,but what fun is that LOL hehehe.I guess doing somthing creative for the trail is theraputic,it is for me.

Images

I'm a newbie so it looked interesting. And yes neosporin comes in single packs, although I've only seen them at work at the hospital. Not sure I would do this, versus bring the whole tube.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    I'm a newbie so it looked interesting. And yes neosporin comes in single packs, although I've only seen them at work at the hospital. Not sure I would do this, versus bring the whole tube.
    I just bring the tube...​KISS
    He leads me beside still waters !!
    Happy Trails..... BrotherAL

Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    Minimus.biz sells the single packs for .69 cents each

Is the lack of sanitation of the do-it-yourself antibiotic 'packets' an issue? Treating a wound with an antibiotic issued from a non-sanitary container seems like a contradiction.

FB
    "All persons are born free and have certain inalienable rights. They include the right to a clean and healthful environment..."

Article II, Section 3
    The Constitution of the State of Montana

Journal Entries
    Images

Well nice try - but there is now Neo to go

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

This can also be used for things like honey. I like a little of it in my tea or my oatmeal, so having these single servings would be great. I'm going to have to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm2 View Post
    This can also be used for things like honey. I like a little of it in my tea or my oatmeal, so having these single servings would be great. I'm going to have to try this.
    lol

I would go absolutely stark raving mad if I was limited to using that much honey on a thru hike. Once the hiker hunger kicks in I tend to have stronger cravings for sweets. I've been known to pack tubs of pre-mixed cake icing during re-supplies in New England.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    lol

I would go absolutely stark raving mad if I was limited to using that much honey on a thru hike. Once the hiker hunger kicks in I tend to have stronger cravings for sweets. I've been known to pack tubs of pre-mixed cake icing during re-supplies in New England.....
    You can also buy small tubs of "Crisco",for those "need more fat in the diet cravings".brownie mix with just water added is pretty good to,daughter a friend found this out when they didn't feel like cooking.hehe

Journal Entries
    Images

neo = new
    sporin --> spore --> fungus
    neosporin = athletes foot
    David Smolinski

Hrm, I wonder how well this would work for small amounts of Dr. Bronner's? Could be interesting having just enough to wash up packed with each meal.

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Love the idea. I can pack a couple more items I wouldn't normally take due to the weight issue. A couple luxuries that normal weight constraints won't allow.

I'm curious, anyone have any good ideas on how to seal the end off in between uses? I could think of a few applications, say certain salves, where I would like to just express what was needed and then pinch the end of the tube until the next application.

How about folding the tube over, then slipping another length of tube over that?

I have a small bottle of Listerine I take with me for brushing my teeth(brushing gets teeth clean,not toothpaste)and it is great for cuts too...and insect bites,bee stings,blisters in the mouth,etc...

++ New Posts ++