WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trail in Pa

yes i will let you know and of course as a photographer i plan on it and i will take videos and open a youtube channel for the trek for whiteblaze friends thank you all so much
    Co&Ca-We’ll keep marching to the top of this tower.
    As God isn’t at home. No.
    There’s nothing in the way that could stop us,
    It’s your time to go.

hey bush aka craft seen u eat wild edibles and what not im not going around eating anything out doors because i have know knowledge of it.plus i seen into the wild and seen what happens i wish i could eat wild life plants must be fun
    It’s your time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJonesRocks27 View Post
    yes i will let you know and of course as a photographer i plan on it and i will take videos and open a youtube channel for the trek for whiteblaze friends thank you all so much
    I look forward to seeing them! You are going this coming Thursday?

hey bush aka craft seen u eat wild edibles and what not im not going around eating anything out doors because i have know knowledge of it.plus i seen into the wild and seen what happens i wish i could eat wild life plants must be fun
    The best way to start learning about wild edibles and taking pictures and samples of the plant (leaves, flowers, stems) while on the trail and when you are home identify them. Do this a couple times until you get good at identifying plants.

Also find a mentor, like myself, that will teach you about wild edible identification and uses.

What I did in the beginning was eat ONLY wild edibles that DID NOT have any poisonous twins.

I do not mess with mushrooms, not a big fan of them, but plan to next season.
    "In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks." - John Muir
    My Outdoors Blog | Emergency Outdoors - Your source for outdoor, camping, survival and emergency preparedness gear

Journal Entries
    Images

Didn't know you could see Harper's Ferry from here.... is that like "you can see Russia fr..."

Getting back to the original post add Laurel Highlands to the list,,, I loved it.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

yeah mushrooms are always a no go to many storys read about them,but as a huge fan of survivorman i see him eating things i want to try
    It’s your time to go.

ok since it will be very hot in pa trail is there any good spots to swim and i was thinking on fishing and good areas of bodies of water?
    It’s your time to go.

ok since it will be very hot in pa trail is there any good spots to swim and i was thinking on fishing and good areas of bodies of water?
    The trail at Ricketts Glenn is great for swimming! A bit north though.

My Outdoors Blog | Emergency Outdoors - Your source for outdoor, camping, survival and emergency preparedness gear

I've read that you can backcountry camp just about anywhere in PA. Is that true? These are excellent recommendations ( I REALLY appreciate the photos).

I've been looking for places to go in PA since I moved to DC a few months ago.

Yes you can Backcountry camp any place in PA just observe the "Leave No Trace" rules and you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Yes you can Backcountry camp any place in PA just observe the "Leave No Trace" rules and you'll be fine
    Exactly. If you have a fairly "nice" car please have someone drop you off and pick you up. There has been some break ins. I drive an Audi for a daily work vehicle and a Jeep Wrangler for a weekend warrior, and although harder to break in my Audi was broken into while on a 3-day excursion.

Real nice photos Bushcraft,real nice!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Real nice photos Bushcraft,real nice!
    Thanks rocketsocks!

Quote Originally Posted by verasch View Post
    I've read that you can backcountry camp just about anywhere in PA. Is that true?
    Actually Pennsylvania is one of the most restricted parts of the trail for legal camping. Other than shelters most game lands (which the trail makes use of) do not allow any camping. There are long sections of the AT where no camping at all is allowed.
    Check a guide book.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Regardless if i have to set up camping because didnt make it to a restriction free zone then its fair game better to camp down instead of blaze the trail at night an get lost
    It’s your time to go.

Im trying to find a map of the trail like a fold out map maybe one can even buy or get for free of some sort this way i can plan everything out mark spots etc
    It’s your time to go.

Lifetime Section Hiker Berry Belle's Avatar

You can buy maps here. https://www.atctrailstore.org/ . Your purchase helps support the AT. You might also consider buying the Appalachian Trail Data Book, which lists distances from one place to another, both northbound and southbound, accurate to a tenth of a mile. I like it better than the maps, although I like to use the elevation profiles on the maps to see how much climbing I'm going to have to do each day.

Free printable online maps are available here, though I haven't used these. I checked a couple and they seem accurate enough. http://www.trailsource.com/appalachi...FQjf4AodGRbg0A

Planning is at least half the fun!
    "Are we there yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Actually Pennsylvania is one of the most restricted parts of the trail for legal camping. Other than shelters most game lands (which the trail makes use of) do not allow any camping. There are long sections of the AT where no camping at all is allowed.
    Check a guide book.
    Thanks. Good to know.

thank you berry
    It’s your time to go.

Went to Tyler state park in lower churchville pa aka south Hampton pa we went off trail to train for our rocky expedition so this park will be our stomping ground for training untill aug30th until we hit the trail
    It’s your time to go.

tylerpark.jpegTyler state park in pa very rocky and tons of up and down i been training and we went off paths and follow the creek over rocks so im getting ready for this
    It’s your time to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++