WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trail in Pa

Any web sites with cheap hiking gear/survival gear im looking for a few things i want a survival knife that has built in survival tools i seen some on few web sites but looking for a good deal cabelas and such isnt in the question there to pricey
    Co&Ca-We’ll keep marching to the top of this tower.
    As God isn’t at home. No.
    There’s nothing in the way that could stop us,
    It’s your time to go.

Lifetime Section Hiker Berry Belle's Avatar

Looks like a great place to train. Heat and humidity will probably be your worst enemy. Drink plenty of water even if you don't feel thirsty.
    "Are we there yet?"

yeah i plan to i order a map so i can figure out water sources and hike and stay close to one even if its like dew off leafs i will drink water
    It’s your time to go.

Lifetime Section Hiker Berry Belle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJonesRocks27 View Post
    Any web sites with cheap hiking gear/survival gear im looking for a few things i want a survival knife that has built in survival tools i seen some on few web sites but looking for a good deal cabelas and such isnt in the question there to pricey
    See the Used Gear For Sale forum here in the White Blaze forums.

Check out the dollar store for items like a cheap cook pot, flashlight, spoon, rope, etc. Goodwill and yard sales for used pack, sleeping bag and yoga mat to use as a sleeping pad. The expensive stuff makes your trip lighter weight and less work, but it's not necessary. We have some better gear now, but we've hiked with cheap gear for 30 years and we've survived it and keep going back for more.

We hike heavy. Here's a list I made to cover hiking needs from March through October. You won't need the cold weather stuff and changes of clothing aren't really necessary. A light blanket will be fine for sleeping will be fine instead of a sleeping bag.

____ tarp/tent and stakes ________________________
    ____ ground cloth ________________________ ____ thermarests or ridge rests ________________________ ____ sleeping bags ________________________
    ____ bear rope ________________________ ____ water bag, bottles ________________________ ____ iodine/filter, detergent ________________________ ____ matches, fire starters ________________________ ____ knife, spoons ________________________ ____ cook pot(s) ________________________ ____ bowls, cups ________________________
    ____ dinners, snacks, breakfasts ________________________
    ____ condiments, drinks, dry milk ________________________
    ____ flashlights ________________________
    ____ toilet paper ________________________
    ____ band aids, moleskin, tweezers ________________________ Q-tips, cotton balls, needle ________________________ ____ pack repair parts, tools ________________________
    ____ toothbrushes, toothpaste, comb ________________________
    ____ bug spray, sunscreen ________________________ ____ comb, pills ________________________ jackets, long johns ________________________ ____ rain jackets, pants, tevas ________________________
    shirts, shorts/pants socks, underwear, bandanna maps, guide books yahtzee, camera

Sorry, this is supposed to be a checklist with spaces for notes and not a random assortment of items on the page! At least everything is here. You can print it and make changes that suit this particular hike. Hope this helps.
    "Are we there yet?"

Our hike date is set and im fricking pumped August 30th till sept 3 woot
    It’s your time to go.

i would like to say the trip and the hike was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    It’s your time to go.

We hiked over 30 up and dowh the lehigh gap to bake ovens knob and went south from 309. we took two trips one was a over nighter an another was for two days i have all my pictures put up on my facebook if you would be gladly to want to see i had my comp down for a long time sorry it took a bit to get back on
    It’s your time to go.

miles......................
    It’s your time to go.

Wow, I just took a spin around this thread. I loved seeing all the pics. Great advice as well!! I'm really glad you had a great time!!

All my pics will be up soon all are on facebook for now
    It’s your time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJonesRocks27 View Post
    All my pics will be up soon all are on facebook for now
    Good deal.. I really enjoyed seeing bushcraft's pics on this thread. Now, I need to get off of here & get outside some today for a hike, myself. See ya around...

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Good deal.. I really enjoyed seeing bushcraft's pics on this thread. Now, I need to get off of here & get outside some today for a hike, myself. See ya around...
    well all my picture s up enjoy
    It’s your time to go.

did the trail and it was amazing
    It’s your time to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++