WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Uh, I'll take my mary ellen shaken please, and not lightly thank you.
    On the rocks.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    On the rocks.
    Tossed, not stirred.

Whats ironic is that if the OP yaps as much in person as she posts she'll be the Mary Ellen of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Whats ironic is that if the OP yaps as much in person as she posts she'll be the Mary Ellen of 2013.
    hahahahahaha

Images

Hey, that's not nice. She's an enthusiastic newbie to the world of the A.T., excitedly planning her thru-hike. Cut her some slack. I like her energy and determination, and reckon with time she'll mellow. Don't long distance hikes teach one a bit of patience?

It may not be "nice" but its honest.

It may not be "nice" but its honest.
    I think you should meet her at springer next spring/winter, and walk with her for the day.

How do you "shake" a Mary Ellen? That's easy. You just shake the $hit out of her. But never hit her. WARNING R-rated contains adult language.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPboeNKMngc
    RFLOL!!!! that was hilarious. Great answer Milkman. Mary Ellen kind of reminds me of the long hair hippy dude in Southbounders. He got on my nerves just watching the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by fungi601 View Post
    RFLOL!!!! that was hilarious. Great answer Milkman. Mary Ellen kind of reminds me of the long hair hippy dude in Southbounders. He got on my nerves just watching the movie.
    Slackpack, he was awesome, made the movie!

600 posts in two months...... the OP is what the she wants to ditch.....Rich and a big mouth.

LOL Max, you do not have to worry at all. I can guarantee you that I won't be hiking two seconds with you. But you're right. It's time that I took a break. Thanks to everyone who helped me and made WB so great. I tried to ask questions that I thought everyone would enjoy answering, but I guess I wasn't successful. To the friends I made on WB: I hope to see many of you on the trail next year!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    I tried to ask questions that I thought everyone would enjoy answering, but I guess I wasn't successful.
    You posted a lot of good stuff, and heaven knows a large part of what all of us post here is garbage, so I wouldn't be self-conscious about the occasional misfire. You've added a lot to these boards.

I call it the "Google Effect". These days you can gain topical knowledge of most any subject just by looking it up on the NET, even on the fly. Forums are full of the newly informed-uninformed who criticize and advise based on their search skills. Unfortunately, a few turn into Mary Ellen. Sometimes it's fun to watch them crash and burn when faced with the reality of their ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    LOL Max, you do not have to worry at all. I can guarantee you that I won't be hiking two seconds with you. But you're right. It's time that I took a break. Thanks to everyone who helped me and made WB so great. I tried to ask questions that I thought everyone would enjoy answering, but I guess I wasn't successful. To the friends I made on WB: I hope to see many of you on the trail next year!
    I thourghly enjoyed all your threads,and I think alot of nay sayers did to, it gave em somethin to b**** about. hehehe

Images

No question, the best knowledge of any trail comes from hiking it. In Pilot is a person 2000 miles from the A.T., who hikes a lot in her home southwestern U.S. So she's eager to learn a lot about the A.T. as she plans her hike next year and is using this superb resource for that. Good for her.

Uh, I'll take my mary ellen shaken please, and not lightly thank you.
    With regard to Mr. shaken not stirred Sean Connery,he gave a interview one time and said "every women needs a good smack every now and again" I lost so much respect for him that day, as a Actor, Scotsman, the best james bond, and as a Man, what a Ahole.this may be be the first mad face I've ever posted.Oh,forgot to say chris rock is awesome, very funny guy indeed.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-03-2012 at 13:25.

Sing loudly?
    Hike naked?
    Skip?
    Vomit?
    Skip naked?

Quote Originally Posted by BabySue:1306936
    Sing loudly?
    Hike naked?
    Skip?
    Vomit?
    Skip naked?
    Skipping naked is just sick

Way to go a-holes! Heaven forbid a person join a message board and be an enthusiastic member thereof, participating in discussions and asking questions about the topic at hand, maybe trying to provoke some interesting conversation. Man, we sure wouldn't want that on a MESSAGE BOARD, which is intended for conversation and human (albeit virtual) interaction.

THIS ISN'T THE FRIGGIN' TRAIL, PEOPLE! If you want solitude or to be left alone, CLICK THAT LITTLE RED X AT THE TOP RIGHT CORNER.

You clowns who think you own this place just because your join date was during the Lincoln administration or because you've walked a couple feet need to get the he** over yourselves. I don't see any trees or fire hydrants here, so quit pi$$ing all over the place.

This obviously doesn't apply to everyone here, but if you're wondering, "Does he mean me?" I probably do.

Please, go ahead and bust my chops for being a noob who's never hiked and having an opinion. You won't run me off. I'll just post more.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++