WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fireworks on the trail and you

4th of July fireworks show, Do you like your fireworks 4th celebrations or could you care less? Also with fireworks becoming available along many states that the AT goes through, do people partake? or are they just to dangerous, know that this practice is illegal in some states, even if they are allowed to sell them, what say you, about the whole fireworks issue, Yea or Nay ? Which trail towns have shows ?

No Fireworks are too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    No Fireworks are too dangerous.
    I agree, class C fireworks start many fires, and kids, adults, and real property are lost. Like many, I grew up shooting this stuff off, I also worked for a fireworks company for about 10 years, huge crack down on the class C stuff and all composition post 9-11,we all had to be registered with FBI and a training course had to be implimented. I wouldn't want to get caught holding that bag, it's a big deal, and a big head ache if your caught with them, and new rules under the Patriot Act allows for detenion if they so desire, ruin a hike real quick.

Yes it would and the rest of your life.

Fireworks are illegal on all National Forest, National Parks and state parks that the AT passes though. I don't think there is any right of way where they are allowed.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I'll only speak to PA and NJ,cause that's where I worked and played, in PA you can sell only to those that produce and out of state DL,They can not sell to folks that live in the state, and in NJ, there just flat out illegal everywhere.for a time you could find them in 7-11 in PA, pretty sure that has stopped now?

Journal Entries
    Images

FYI its not about the At but as a man...HEHEHHEHe got to blow things up!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    FYI its not about the At but as a man...HEHEHHEHe got to blow things up!
    I quit it because I got ascared.And some other stuff.It was that transparent huh, LOL I'm a narcissist too, LOL
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-04-2012 at 11:47. Reason: speelin

I don't normally go to fireworks shows, wave flags or any of that, but by chance I was in Manchester Center, Vermont on July 4, 2002 and really enjoyed their celebration. There was a very Mayberry feel to it, with local civic groups having booths around the open field. Good lemonade. The sound of the fireworks echoing off Equinox and Bromley was magical. The previous night I watched fireworks in another town from the ridge. I was above the fireworks looking down on them and that was kind of cool.

Any hikers on around Bear Mt. NY, may be able to see the large New York city show tonight, I have never seen it as I was always working on the 4th,but I hear it is pretty good, of coarse any TV tonight will show show all around the country. I have all but lost the willing ness to seek shows out.Not sure where will go tonight, maybe some thing local.Happy 4th everyone.if you ever get a chance to see the TV show called Fireworks by the late George Plimpton, it is one of the best I think, after a accident killed Felix Grucci,plimpton tells us that "God would have been pleased to see that the sky was his palette, and he would paint the night sky", the grucci family is one of the oldest fireworks familys starting in 1850.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-04-2012 at 11:46. Reason: spacing

++ New Posts ++