WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    you're gonna have a difficult time on the trail honey
    LW-At this time next year, I'll be on the AT and life will be good. At least better than trading sarcastic quips with you! And save your "honey" for the bears.

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    LW-At this time next year, I'll be on the AT and life will be good
    we'll see. fantasy and reality ain't related

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    the trail changes every year, which is why there are new guidebooks every year. next year's trail will not be the same as this year, so, youve effectively "worn out" a guidebook to a trail you will never hike. congrats.
    You cannot be this dumb. You are absolutely right. All 2,184 miles change 100% each year. No part stays the same. But enough of this. I think all questions have been answered including the IQ of some hikers. Moderator, this is getting old. Please consider closing.

You cannot be this dumb. You are absolutely right. All 2,184 miles change 100% each year. No part stays the same. But enough of this. I think all questions have been answered including the IQ of some hikers. Moderator, this is getting old. Please consider closing.
    you want it closed cuz you're irritaded. didn't you quit this site a few days ago? why are you here? i'm just sayin' both books are just fine

you're gonna have a difficult time on the trail honey
    Why? Because she doesn't cower in the corner like good wimminfolks duz in yer nek o thu woodz? Because she stands up for herself to sarcastic, condescending jerks who think they're the only ones allowed an opinion because back in 1912 they yo-yo'ed the AT naked with nothing but a dull pocket knife, uphill both directions with 18 feet of snow on the ground?

you want it closed cuz you're irritaded. didn't you quit this site a few days ago? why are you here?
    No, you illiterate jerk. She said she was going to take a break, and she did, albeit a short one. Perhaps you should brush up on your reading. I realize that would take away time from the He Man Woman Haters Club, but it will benefit you in the long run. Maybe you can even finish the 6th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Rules! View Post
    Why? Because she doesn't cower in the corner like good wimminfolks duz in yer nek o thu woodz? Because she stands up for herself to sarcastic, condescending jerks who think they're the only ones allowed an opinion because back in 1912 they yo-yo'ed the AT naked with nothing but a dull pocket knife, uphill both directions with 18 feet of snow on the ground?
    No, you illiterate jerk. She said she was going to take a break, and she did, albeit a short one. Perhaps you should brush up on your reading. I realize that would take away time from the He Man Woman Haters Club, but it will benefit you in the long run. Maybe you can even finish the 6th grade.
    you have issues. anger is one of them. now back on topic. BOTH guides are good

I only have issues with jerks. Anger is not an issue. Thank you anyway, Dr. Freud.

the trail changes every year, which is why there are new guidebooks every year. next year's trail will not be the same as this year, so, youve effectively "worn out" a guidebook to a trail you will never hike. congrats.
    I think that is a little harsh. I have a guide book as well and only sectioned a bit over 100 miles on the AT last year (I had borrowed a book for previous sections). I could have done without, but wanted to get the feel of it. I'll be getting the new book even though 95% of the books will be identical.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Let the fun begin......

popcorn.jpg

Images

heres an idea- how about we quiz you on the contents of the guidebook so you can show us all how much knowledge youve gained in preparation for your hike? the guidebooks exist precisely because remembering everything isnt possible. its a carry with you to refer to it sort of item. i have the companion myself. ive never read any of the information about any part of the trail south of waynesboro. why not? because i havevnt hiked there and reading it now because i may hike there next year is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Let the fun begin......

popcorn.jpg
    nah. i ain't gettin' lured in by some boot

Images

I think that is a little harsh. I have a guide book as well and only sectioned a bit over 100 miles on the AT last year (I had borrowed a book for previous sections). I could have done without, but wanted to get the feel of it. I'll be getting the new book even though 95% of the books will be identical.
    last year, when you sectioned those 100 miles, did you read the parts of the guidebook pertaining to the sections you did not hike?

I like both books. I've only looked at the part up to Fontana Dam in my prep for my thru-hike attempt next year. I mean I really want to do it but I also have to look at it realistically. Hell, I may be gone by Neel's. Hope not but you never know. And if I do make it to Fontana then I'll start looking a little further up the trail a little bit at a time. I've looked at the whole thing (both books) but I haven't studied them in depth. On another note, doesn't the ATC and ALDHA benefit from the sale of the Companion.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

last year, when you sectioned those 100 miles, did you read the parts of the guidebook pertaining to the sections you did not hike?
    Actually, I do occasionally pull out the book when reading trail journals. I'll make notes of things that sounded interesting, like maybe a restaurant I wouldn't want to miss.

One that comes to mind: Joe To Go.........lol

Images

Actually, I do occasionally pull out the book when reading trail journals. I'll make notes of things that sounded interesting, like maybe a restaurant I wouldn't want to miss.

One that comes to mind: Joe To Go.........lol
    hah i would think by now we all remember that place without having to review any notes we made in a guidebook about it.

hah i would think by now we all remember that place without having to review any notes we made in a guidebook about it.
    You got that right. Joe To Go is a must go.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

OK. First, thank you, Coffee. You may not be a White Knight, but you are pretty darn close.

And yes, I did take a break for about a week. During that time, I was really touched at how at least 20 members emailed me and asked me to come back. Most of the time, I really love WB. Am I too opinionated? Probably. But being passionate about what I believe in is part of my DNA. Obviously, I am not alone in this respect.

But let's all just take a deep breath. There is no need for all this animosity. Unfortunately, I am goaded simply for the amusement of many of the long time members because they know that I will react.

Many future AT hikers use the AT Guide to plan their trip. They check out hostels and hotels; plan their mileage and mail drops and then usually throw out many of these plans the first week. LOL But for anyone interested in learning everything you can about the AT, the AWOL Guide Book is invaluable.

And yes, I did take a break for about a week.
    Actually 4 days.

Pilot and Coffee?

(i have Awol's guide and like the miled landmarks, streams etc)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++