WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Images

Default cant we all get along.

we argue about every conceivable possibility of trail life, but at the end of the day, we're all passionate about our lives, both off and on the trail and thats good.but for some reason, sometimes things here get a little out of hand and some people take some criticism as if it were meant for them personally, when it isnt, and it leads to some bad blood.
    keep in mind, folks, we come on line to both offer and get advice, and very few days go by that i dont learn something new here.but personal attakcs have become a bit more common of late, and i dont know whether its the heat or not, but it doesnt have to be. ive never had issues with people ive met on the trail, but it seems like we all have issues here and have forgotten the meaning of the overused term HYOH.
    i like joking around , and sometimes its just a diversion from work.
    so the answer to why i hike(another thread) for me is simple.
    on the trail, i dont have to deal with a lot of the BS i read here.
    and i cant wait to be away from this for a month(im sure some of you cant wait eithr.)
    but cant we just all get along?

agree.........

I agree with you totally. I think the "smart a$$" answers have gotten out of control and is undermining the usefulness of the site for anyone new and is likely driving away users who were tolerant to some degree of the BS.

I personally researched and started using the "ignore user" function earlier today in an effort to deal with it.
    2011 Through Hike - May 2nd Springer to Daleville, VA <> August 11 Katahdin back to Daleville, VA on December 22nd.

http://www.trailjournals.com/abouttime

Images

This is just a typical computer thing, some people have a lot more kahoonies when they don't have to face the person they are arguing with.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Images

On the other hand, it can be fun sitting on the sidelines and watching the playgroup spats...
    Being in a different time zone, I just tend to trawl through a couple of the threads and learn a bit about the AT.
    Watching the bun fights on different issues can be entertaining in a perverse way as a bonus.
    I am sure that I could share a shelter with both sides of every argument, only not at the same time. :-)

Images

everything was fine up to about july of 2010
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Images

Alright so now lone wolf has just been put to sleep for a while until things calm down. So let's please play nice so we don't lose any more legends.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    When did jester abandon ship again?
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    Thank you... It's about the same time I started seeing the problem

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    This is just a typical computer thing, some people have a lot more kahoonies when they don't have to face the person they are arguing with.
    I'm finding that this is a true statement, unfortunate, but true. I myself stay out of threads that I have no desire to battle in. I am a joker at heart, and i love to kid around. One thing that I have noticed is something i observed while serving in the military... we are all in the same country but we have different cultural backrounds. What is funny to some, may just not be funny to others. 5 of my 6 "friends" live not more than 150 miles from me, I often PM them to vent, I do not take it out on the open thread and trash other folks. I even asked a mod to close my 'death rate' thread because it was all over the place, and in some cases had become combative and i didn't want to be a party to that. This is a really cool site to belong to, even after 40+ years playing in the woods, Boy Scouts, USMC, I learn stuff here all the time, I've met Sarcasm, I'm going to meet HB57, Rocketsocks, WOO and many others on the trail I hope. They all have serious things to say and all have a good sense of humor. We all have agreed this can get addicting, but it is not the arguing and name calling that we click on for. That's how I feel and I'm sticking with it..............................................I love to get down to Damascus and smoke a legal cigar with that sourpuss Jarhead, remind him how we Marines eat soup Soba with chopsticks!

Journal Entries
    Images

I agree with the above posts but after reading the banter between WIA pilot and LW, his misspelling's and grammar and time of night is due to drinking. WIA did not deserve what was dished out.

SO don't drink and post rant.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Who doesn't like a good cock fight?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Journal Entries
    Images

ohh just blame it on the heat wave.... Wait you are in Rhode Island... nevermind... Do you honestly think this latest event has anything to do with what you posted? Years of reading posts here ...one has to see a pattern, as I am guilty of it too.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Well......WB is anything but boring. It's why I stay. I like the fact that you can have an all out "S*** Storm", and the next day.....alls good, till about 8:00pm then same thing.....it's all good though, but that's just an opinion.

No, just a general observation watching WIA get defensive.. other guy following her around saving the day..

ya, decently warm in RI but the water helps keep it out of triple digits. 2 weeks till 3 weeks in VT can't wait.

I took Alligator's advice and added LW to my ignore list. Shouldn't be a problem now with him and Je--err I mean Jake--out of the picture.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Rules! View Post
    I took Alligator's advice and added LW to my ignore list. Shouldn't be a problem now with him and Je--err I mean Jake--out of the picture.
    You may have missed the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    You may have missed the point of this thread.
    I got the point, and I know me well enough to know the best way to get along with some folks is to ignore them. This ain't my first rodeo on the innerwebz. I'll type my own type.

Allow me to add here the apology to HB that I sent in a PM, to apologize to anyone else who took my comment as antagonistic. It wasn't the intent at all. I really do want to get along, and I honestly do know how to make it work best for me. So, if my comment was taken the wrong way, I apologize. Now let's crack a beer and chill. Someone will have to crack and drink my beer though, since I can't drink.

Images

Awwww, I'm starting to feel the love again!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++