WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1374 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 374 874 1274 1324 1364 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1384 1424 1474 1874 2374 ... LastLast
Results 27,461 to 27,480 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I want to hike Old Rag... can you believe I haven't hiked that yet? I don't want a bear sitting on my butt, eating my bread, tho.

Here's a great sig. I just saw... I lovee it..... The Best Things in Life, Aren't Things!!"

Here's to everyone eating healthy today!!

Apparently it is an old Virginia tradition dating back to Jefferson's time to hike Old Rag on your birthday. You should do it sometime. A mile of it is a ridiculous huge boulder field you go over, around, and through. Incredible scenery.

Images

we finally got the snow they promised us 2 days ago. here on the south shore we had about two inches, and on the north shore where i work we had about 6 inches by lunchtime.
    ita all already melted away

Journal Entries
    Images

I was Jon - so much funnier.. he actually puts his head between his legs like a magician and sucks his head g..d-bye!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Hello everyone - I've been playing hooky - hanging out in the woods and skiing a bit and rock climbing a bit and just camping out a bit - - no computer - - back at the machine catching up - - yoo folks ok?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    Hello everyone - I've been playing hooky - hanging out in the woods and skiing a bit and rock climbing a bit and just camping out a bit - - no computer - - back at the machine catching up - - yoo folks ok?
    yknow it really annoys me that you get to spend more time in the woods than me

Images

how ya doin papa?have you done any climbing in the ne? ever been to the gunks? cathedral ledge or white horse?i miss being on the sharp end. havent tied in for over 4 years

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    how ya doin papa?have you done any climbing in the ne? ever been to the gunks? cathedral ledge or white horse?i miss being on the sharp end. havent tied in for over 4 years
    going to tie in tomorrow - first lead of the 3-day will be a pretty easy 5.8- (4 pitch route) on Looking Glass Rock. We'll probably climb something in the 5.10 range on Sunday and then plan to do the biggest route in NC on Monday, Fathom on Laurel Knob which is 10 pitches - its mostly 5.7 and 5.8 climbing with one pitch of pretty well protected 5.10.
    Yes, I enjoy being in the woods a lot whether I'm hiking, trail running, climbing, car-camping, creek swimming or just poking around.

yknow it really annoys me that you get to spend more time in the woods than me
    That's not playin' hooky. That's what I call Livin.

Journal Entries
    Images

It should not be this hard ... where is my wing man?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

What, no sky diving. How you doin' Papa. Sounds like fun. You ain't missed much not having that computer.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    What, no sky diving. How you doin' Papa. Sounds like fun. You ain't missed much not having that computer.
    sky diving is certainly a consideration but throwing by rack, rope and climbing pack along with a crate or two of car camping stuff in the back of the Subaru is pretty easy - drink some coffee, roll into the parking space, hump it to the climb, rap-off the top, head for the car camp site cook some mac and cheese, drink a beer, repeat - pretty easy and makes for a fun healthy weekend - - no airplanes required

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Apparently it is an old Virginia tradition dating back to Jefferson's time to hike Old Rag on your birthday. You should do it sometime. A mile of it is a ridiculous huge boulder field you go over, around, and through. Incredible scenery.
    That is an excellent idea.. Oct. 6 is my birthday. I'm going to plan on it! I love to hike Devil's Marble Yard. Have you done that? I love boulder fields!!

Glad the snow is gone HB. It's warming up here as well. :>)

Hi Papa D.. now, you've gone skiing! :>) Glad you are having FUN!

Images

That is an excellent idea.. Oct. 6 is my birthday. I'm going to plan on it! I love to hike Devil's Marble Yard. Have you done that? I love boulder fields!!

Glad the snow is gone HB. It's warming up here as well. :>)

Hi Papa D.. now, you've gone skiing! :>) Glad you are having FUN!
    thanks - yes, having fun - that's the idea - what else are you supposed to do?

thanks - yes, having fun - that's the idea - what else are you supposed to do?
    Just do it!!!

grandaughter fia

Are you talking about the baby in the hammock In WOO's post right above yours? Because no photo is showing in your post.

[QUOTE=HikerMomKD;1434910]That is an excellent idea.. Oct. 6 is my birthday. I'm going to plan on it! I love to hike Devil's Marble Yard. Have you done that? I love boulder fields!!

Devil"s Marbleyard is fun too but no comparison. Think house sized round boulders that appear to have been dropped from the sky on top of a mountain. It is truly amazing. You got to do it.

It's coming up!!!
    I saw some Crockies comin up yesterday...wont be long..saw a Robbin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I have no idea what you folks are discussing...

What, no under quilt, hehe

Very cute picture Woo! that's how it all starts.

++ New Posts ++