WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1488 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 488 988 1388 1438 1478 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1498 1538 1588 1988 ... LastLast
Results 29,741 to 29,760 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    TW, see I had the right idea, just the wrong surface.

When we were at the Vicksburg Battlefield on the way back from NC at Thanksgiving my youngest son wanted to know if we could come back when it snowed. He loves sledding and wanted to go down those steep hills. I am sure he would think sledding in a canoe would be a lot of fun.
    I'm sure it is, for about 5 seconds or so!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    One last act. Good night all.
    Good night BB!!

Wow! That brought back a memory. We used to do something that was more dangerous than that, though we did not understand it at the time. Ever been on a really long toboggan? It is hard to keep your legs in the sled when they are wrapped around the person in front of you. We used to stack as many as we could on one and scream down a hill. It is no wonder we did not lose legs. One winter someone in our town did tear up their leg real bad doing what we were doing.
    In Michigan when the Huron River would start to thaw we used to chop huge sheets of ice away from the bank and float on them down the river like a raft. When the river would come to a bend the piece we were floating on would crash into the bank and either slide over or under the existing sheet of ice there and we would just run across it to the bank and laugh like hell.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    thus I summon the wretched HB to do thy bidding
    the knave cannot resist the lure of the calling haiku, though he struggle mightily, tis in vain
    hmmm...guess they really did crash. Lightweights!

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    OH MY GOSH!!! I did miss quite a few of them.. I feel so bad I didn't watch close enough! I love you guys sooo much!! Thanks so much everyone of you!! Thanks Deer Hunter... that must have taken a long time to find. I'm sitting here crying.... I knew how much I loved y'all but I didn't know how much you loved me back! MM- FB messaged me too.. thanks MM!! I'm sorry about my inbox being full too!
    Don't feel bad mom. I would say a few people have a hard time keeping up in the cafe. Sooooo many pages every day. Just wanted to make sure you knew how much you mean to the us.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

I'm sure it is, for about 5 seconds or so!
    Clark Griswold shows how it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EaKByOtCWy4
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

I want to give y'all a real live hug one day but in the meantime....

THANK YOU for all the LOVE!!

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    In Michigan when the Huron River would start to thaw we used to chop huge sheets of ice away from the bank and float on them down the river like a raft. When the river would come to a bend the piece we were floating on would crash into the bank and either slide over or under the existing sheet of ice there and we would just run across it to the bank and laugh like hell.
    ATM, just goes to show that you can take a "Florida Hillbilly" to Michigan, and they will still find a way to have fun!
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Don't feel bad mom. I would say a few people have a hard time keeping up in the cafe. Sooooo many pages every day. Just wanted to make sure you knew how much you mean to the us.
    + Many... Thanks D H!

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    No prob, DH. Is there anything you can do to get that tooth fixed in a hurry? I don't like tooth pain.. I had to have a root canal... thought I would die before I could get to the dentist.
    Tooth pain is the worst for me. I have broken several bones, torn ligaments and such but a hurting tooth just stops me in my tracks. I'm going to see an oral surgeon soon. Not looking forward to it but................

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

I won't feel bad any more DH.. I just appreciate it all sooo much! I have NEVER felt so close to a group of people that I have never met before in my entire life... this is unbelievable!! I want you to feel all better soon DH. You know I think about you often.

A special shout out to Lone Wolf.. Thanks buddy, for your love... I feel that as well!! I'll meet you sometime...

To sleep, perchance to dream............................

Tooth pain is the worst for me. I have broken several bones, torn ligaments and such but a hurting tooth just stops me in my tracks. I'm going to see an oral surgeon soon. Not looking forward to it but................
    I know, same here. Hurry to see someone soon, tho.

DH try getting some of that anbesol and forget the directions of rubbing a little on it and tear a small piece of cotton or paper towel and soak it with that stuff and I mean soak it and put it on that tooth and just keep resoaking it and that'll help.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

I can only imagine how tired they must all be... I can't wait for the pics! Coach will post tomorrow.. Thanks for your kind words TW... means a lot and you know me well.

DH try getting some of that anbesol and forget the directions of rubbing a little on it and tear a small piece of cotton or paper towel and soak it with that stuff and I mean soak it and put it on that tooth and just keep resoaking it and that'll help.
    Sure will, and if you crush an aspirin and put that in with the anbesol against your gum by the offending tooth, it should kill the pain enough to help you get some sleep.

ATM... you are so good with pain remedies!! Man, I'm so going to hook you up with the BEST trail magic EVER!

Anbesol and Hydrocodone are my best friends at the moment. lol. Went to Lynchburg this afternoon to have supper with my dad, brother, sister-in-law and nieces. I wanted so bad to get the lamb chops instead of soup and mashed potatoes.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

What timing!
    Serendipity rules.

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Sure will, and if you crush an aspirin and put that in with the anbesol against your gum by the offending tooth, it should kill the pain enough to help you get some sleep.
    Good to know, aficion!!

Good night aficion. Good night WOO and Socks.. I'm sure I missed someone... I don't know who's lurking but good night all.

++ New Posts ++