WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1489 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 489 989 1389 1439 1479 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1499 1539 1589 1989 ... LastLast
Results 29,761 to 29,780 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    ATM... you are so good with pain remedies!! Man, I'm so going to hook you up with the BEST trail magic EVER!
    I can't wait HM. I know you can't make Trail Days but we'll get together somewhere at some point.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Anbesol and Hydrocodone are my best friends at the moment. lol. Went to Lynchburg this afternoon to have supper with my dad, brother, sister-in-law and nieces. I wanted so bad to get the lamb chops instead of soup and mashed potatoes.
    Lamb chops are my biggest weakness. I feel for you man.

[QUOTE=HikerMomKD;1441600]Good to know, aficion!!

Good night aficion. Good night WOO and Socks.. I'm sure I missed someone... I don't know who's lurking but good night all. [/QUOTE

Night Mom..............You da bomb!

Good night HM.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Lamb chops are my biggest weakness. I feel for you man.
    I like them Gyro things. That's lamb right?

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Could be beef or lamb, I believe.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Yeah I think so. Not so big around here, but we have one Greek restaurant in town that has them. Every time I've been there I ended up getting Lamb Kabobs. When something is that good, I tend to stick with it.

ATM...When are you heading out?

ATM...When are you heading out?
    Leaving Monday morning for the Lodge at Amicalola. Gonna start the trail on Wed. morning. My wife is taking me and a couple of friends are coming along. We're gonna do the Dahlonega/Helen tourist thing for a couple of days. A girl from NC who is a trail runner is starting with me. Last time I hiked with her I kept up pretty good till we hit the uphills. Then it was like someone shot her out of a BB gun. (LOL) That's all I saw of her till the trailhead.

Leaving Monday morning for the Lodge at Amicalola. Gonna start the trail on Wed. morning. My wife is taking me and a couple of friends are coming along. We're gonna do the Dahlonega/Helen tourist thing for a couple of days. A girl from NC who is a trail runner is starting with me. Last time I hiked with her I kept up pretty good till we hit the uphills. Then it was like someone shot her out of a BB gun. (LOL) That's all I saw of her till the trailhead.
    Hope you have a blast, ATM.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Awesome ATM! Have fun and best of luck, I'm starting to get real jealous of all you folks that re doing the long distance thing this year.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

I thought it was goat, but I only had it when I was living in Germany, so that could have been a localized thing. I am sure Rasty would know.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Hope you have a blast, ATM.
    Thanks DH. It's been a long long time since I've done any serious hiking on the AT other than day hikes. 70's and early 80's. I've hiked enough of the PT and FT and others since then to know it ain't gonna be a ball all day every day but there IS gonna be some big time fun in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Awesome ATM! Have fun and best of luck, I'm starting to get real jealous of all you folks that re doing the long distance thing this year.
    Thanks Elf. We'll be thinking and talking about all you guys, wishing everybody could be there.

Happy for you. Best BLT I ever had was in a grocery store in Helen. They had piles of bacon, and you just made your own sandwich. Heavenly and then some.
    My advice, for what it is worth, is take the steeper grades very slowly....up or down.....slower than you would like,
    for a week or two. Go ahead and roll on the easy grades, but give your achilles, ankles, hips, and knees time to adjust to the load on the steeper slopes. You'll have a lot more fun if you're not hurtin.
    Hope to see you at TW's and/or Trail Days before you come through here. Count on some good Southern hospitality when you come through these parts. Stay in touch and have a blast!

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Thanks Elf. We'll be thinking and talking about all you guys, wishing everybody could be there.

No worries, I'm just a winning powerball ticket away from joining you guys.

Happy for you. Best BLT I ever had was in a grocery store in Helen. They had piles of bacon, and you just made your own sandwich. Heavenly and then some.
    My advice, for what it is worth, is take the steeper grades very slowly....up or down.....slower than you would like,
    for a week or two. Go ahead and roll on the easy grades, but give your achilles, ankles, hips, and knees time to adjust to the load on the steeper slopes. You'll have a lot more fun if you're not hurtin.
    Hope to see you at TW's and/or Trail Days before you come through here. Count on some good Southern hospitality when you come through these parts. Stay in touch and have a blast!
    Thanks AF. That's exactly what I plan on doing. Taking it easy. I was reading Karma's blog and she's started out doing 8's and just the other day did her first 12. Got into Hiawassee and everbody that pushed it a little was nursing some kind of injury or pain and she said she was feeling pretty good, no pain and was glad she did it her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    No worries, I'm just a winning powerball ticket away from joining you guys.
    Lol.............you and me both buddy...I like the way you think.

Thanks AF. That's exactly what I plan on doing. Taking it easy. I was reading Karma's blog and she's started out doing 8's and just the other day did her first 12. Got into Hiawassee and everbody that pushed it a little was nursing some kind of injury or pain and she said she was feeling pretty good, no pain and was glad she did it her way.
    How is it that women are so much smarter than we are? Just doesn't make sense.
    Are you blogging or journaling?

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

How is it that women are so much smarter than we are? Just doesn't make sense.
    Are you blogging or journaling?

From the moment we males hit puberty we are burdened with two brains that are engaged in constant battle, each of them trying to achieve a very different goal.

Women on the other hand go through their whole lives relying on just one brain. I imagine it must be a very efficient way to live...
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 03-17-2013 at 00:23.

++ New Posts ++