WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 15 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 515 1015 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Mike L? No comprende, Senor.
    The guy you thought would be a good governor, my class mate, comprende'

Images

Yeah, but y'all got to chip in your two cents' worth. I figure I had at least a penny to toss in there, taking inflation into account.
    3 of the 2 cents were thrown out by alligator. same rules apply here. no politics, no religion.
    continue.....

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    It's about balance not power. Women have a lower center of gravity.
    I wouldn't tell too many women they have a low center of gravity...might make for some head knots.

PS: Not to get into a big pi$$ing match over Climate Change issues, but to me it's hard to ignore that we've burned cleared a bunch of trees, burned a bunch of them, too, plus a lot of oil, coal and natural gas in the past couple hundred years, so that the amount of carbon dioxide in the air has increased by over a third since the mid-1800s. Carbon dioxide - plus methane, which has also gone up by a good number - trap infrared radiation, a/k/a, in simplified terms, heat. It's what makes Venus hotter than Mercury, even though Venus is twice as far from the sun. To me, it's a no-brainer that it's going to make the planet hotter and shift the climate patterns.

Now, does this mean we have to endorse one route to solving the problem, or any solution at all? Not necessarily. We will all have our own view on that. But to me, the basic physical chemistry of the atmosphere dictates warmer temps as we add more heat-trapping gases to the mix.

Peace and respect to my fellow cafe patrons here. We're all just trying to get along as best we can, and we all love the woods and the mountains, in our own way.
    Who farted? I feel the temperature rising!

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    I took climbing lessons once and the teacher said women are better climbers and kayakers, because we men try to muscle are way up walls and down rivers and women have to master the technique!
    Whitewater & Surf kayaking are all about technique versus power. Moving water is just too strong to try the brute force method. Trying to paddle out in the ocean on a 12' day is about patience and waiting 15' in front of the breaking waves for the period between sets then quickly paddling out. Catching a wave with an enclosed kayak on a 12' day is all about psychosis and delusions of grandure. My motto with kayaking is "Your not having fun until your bleeding"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sddavis View Post
    I wouldn't tell too many women they have a low center of gravity...might make for some head knots.
    its true..............

its true..............
    Many things are true! Still you not supposed to tell them! Or this is what happens

Images

steph davis and lynn hill are pretty happy with it, two of the best climbers in the world. has nothing to do with fat or being heavy, but their center of gravity is lower, gives them better balance, which makes them better climbers.
    and i understand both lynn and steph always carry the SAWYER IN LINE WATER FILTER!

steph davis and lynn hill are pretty happy with it, two of the best climbers in the world. has nothing to do with fat or being heavy, but their center of gravity is lower, gives them better balance, which makes them better climbers.
    and i understand both lynn and steph always carry the SAWYER IN LINE WATER FILTER!
    Hikerboy, have you ever watched the two brothers speed climbing El Capitan? Netflix has a documentary on them. The way the use protection when climbing is really interesting.

Hikerboy, He is an article for the cyber cafe reading room a.k.a. Bathroom. I knew all you people online too much were crazy. I'm not one of them I can quit anytime.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/0...tal-disorders/

Images

Huber bros.. 1 of them free solo el cap.
    Last edited by hikerboy57; 07-18-2012 at 20:39.

Don't know the Bro's, will check it out, Lynn Hill is awesome, loved watching her climb, and following her career, at least in the Mags/climbing before the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    Hikerboy, He is an article for the cyber cafe reading room a.k.a. Bathroom. I knew all you people online too much were crazy. I'm not one of them I can quit anytime.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/0...tal-disorders/
    OK, I read the article, and could not disagree, there probably is a link between depression and no money so I'll just stay home tonight and BS. And sleep disturbances, well o'coarse, it's freaking addicting. Didn't need a full blown study to know it's bad for me, so what else is new, I like bacon too.

Default hikerboys cyber cafe

Hey socks, wanna help me get the campfire going? Got an hour here on the east coast before hiker midnight. Fire dept is on call in case haha

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal_Dusty View Post
    Hey socks, wanna help me get the campfire going? Got an hour here on the east coast before hiker midnight. Fire dept is on call in case haha
    I think we should do it the old fashion way, molatauve cocktails. I'll grab the good stuff, here it is old turkey, wait that's to good, Smirnoff, ah the good stuff......

Images

have you heard about sea bacon?
    apparently it's made from kelp

Hahaah ooo I like that idea. I'll take some Jim or Jack. And hells yea straight. Crap I dropped my Sawyer...come back Sawyer!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    OK, I read the article, and could not disagree, there probably is a link between depression and no money so I'll just stay home tonight and BS. And sleep disturbances, well o'coarse, it's freaking addicting. Didn't need a full blown study to know it's bad for me, so what else is new, I like bacon too.
    sleep is overrated. and if I'm depressed why am I laughing my ass off right now.

HB are you laughing because I dropped my poor filter? Wait where's my headlamp? Oh duh around my neck where it should be after rolling into camp. Now where'd that filt...ahhhh there it is. Yay!

sleep is overrated. and if I'm depressed why am I laughing my ass off right now.
    I'm just here to practice my typing skills.

Page 15 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 515 1015 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++