WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1988 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 988 1488 1888 1938 1978 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1998 2038 2088 ... LastLast
Results 39,741 to 39,760 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Minor score...............................1/4 of Overloads brownie cheesecake came back from her church meeting/dinner

.................................................. ..............................................so much for losing that gut this week!
    Looks like it's not just for breakfast anymore.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Wow ,... Thanks for the prayers and thoughts everyone. I realize my problem is insignificant when compared to a lot of people out there, but as someone said, it is aggravating.

Here's what the surgeon told me. My hand problem is not with my shoulder. It's a carpal tunnel kind of thing. I will have to get a nerve conductivity test.

I'm puzzled cuz the only repetitive thing I do with my left hand is rest it on my hip or keep it in my pocket. He asked me about the GB disease and did I type out all those lines of HTML with my left hand and I said no.
    It's good that you can make light of it.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Good to see TW back.
    MOYTOY, call me. I have a lot of time on my hands for the next 2 months.
    Gotta get all my pohoing in today since I won't be at work for a while.
    My goal is to post over a thousand times in this thread before July. Seems obtainable.
    Keep this up and you'll be there by weeks end.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    It's good that you can make light of it.
    What can you do? Really I use my right hand more often and it works fine. Go figure.

It's pouring rain here in Alachua County with Andrea coming through later today. How's the weather in Albertville?
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Keep this up and you'll be there by weeks end.
    I prolly post 20 times a day at work. Two or three at home.

Images

Thirty seven to go.

Images

Is Snicklefritz for real or is someone pulling our leg?
    Last edited by Gray Blazer; 06-06-2013 at 09:07. Reason: I'm a moron.

Wow ,... Thanks for the prayers and thoughts everyone. I realize my problem is insignificant when compared to a lot of people out there, but as someone said, it is aggravating.

Here's what the surgeon told me. My hand problem is not with my shoulder. It's a carpal tunnel kind of thing. I will have to get a nerve conductivity test.

I'm puzzled cuz the only repetitive thing I do with my left hand is rest it on my hip or keep it in my pocket. He asked me about the GB disease and did I type out all those lines of HTML with my left hand and I said no.
    I have had CTR surgery on both hands and a trigger finger release on the left one. I waited too long. Do not hesitate. Get is done if they recommend. I am not a doctor person. I have great respect for their service and ability. i just avoid them as much as I can. I put off my surgery from 1992 until May of 2011. I had a 4.7 on right hand and 5.1 on left prior to surgery and zero numbness after it. I hand them cut both bands rather than going under them. Less risk and I am not a hand model, so I was not worried about scars. If it needs to be done, do not hesitate. It meant a big change in my life.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

My goal is to post over a thousand times in this thread before July. Seems obtainable.
    I am trying for 2178 in the same time period. Might not make it though. 2 weeks of camp, no gadgets, and a dumb phone. You can do it. Mine is in doubt.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

What can you do? Really I use my right hand more often and it works fine. Go figure.

It's pouring rain here in Alachua County with Andrea coming through later today. How's the weather in Albertville?
    It's fairly sunny out. I'm gonna hang all the ferns back up. I took them off day before yesterday and put them on the ground to get "free" water. Free water. Who would have ever thought. My grandma is rolling over in her grave. I told her one time I said " hey grandma, they sell water in the store in bottles now". She said "go on boy, water is free". Didn't want to believe it. Sis says it's coming down pretty good in Palm Beach County too.

You will be surprised. I thought the same thing. I am right handed. I did okay when they did the right hand. I was completely lost when they did the left one. I realized then that the right hand was the boss and the left was the serf. The right was reserved for the detailed work and the left did all the grunt work.

Ya', he is for real. Santa and the Easter Bunny are fake, but do not doubt the existence of Snicklefritz. He is the German version of the Gremlin. He laughs at you as you struggle to keep electronics from going haywire if you don't believe in him.

It's real. It means different thing but someone silly is probably the most used.

Okay..... what is a Snicklefritz?

It's real. It means different thing but someone silly is probably the most used.
    Oops. Should have waited. Oh well... I got me another post.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Okay..... what is a Snicklefritz?
    The silly walkers could be called Snicklefritzers.

The silly walkers could be called Snicklefritzers.
    I like my daffyinition of German gremlin.

Gotta run. planning...... packing....... finite time.

I like my daffyinition of German gremlin.
    It's like when someone is acting goofy. A gremlin can be goofy.

Gotta run. planning...... packing....... finite time.
    What's your ETD.

++ New Posts ++