WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 998 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 498 898 948 988 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1008 1048 1098 1498 1998 ... LastLast
Results 19,941 to 19,960 of 49000
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    I feel the lurking of coach!

I'm just working

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    I'm just working
    Yer working alright. Yer workin' on snaggin' that post.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Storm went for a walk, you should try it sometime. LOL

Storm, I do try to get out. In winter when I'm not working I'm skating

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Yer working alright. Yer workin' on snaggin' that post.

My peeps got me all figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    Where did y'all go?
    I had to quick run up to the mailbox when I saw that guy said he got his Companion. I got mine.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

I got a feeling I'm going to be in my car at the magic time!

I had to quick run up to the mailbox when I saw that guy said he got his Companion. I got mine.
    Cool.... now just walk to VA.

I got a feeling I'm going to be in my car at the magic time!
    I promise I won't take it from you...it better be a good one!

Images

Storm, I do try to get out. In winter when I'm not working I'm skating
    I tried skating at the ski resort in Gatlinburg a couple years ago. Had not been on skates in 50 years. It was to say the least laughable but I had fun. Had a much more packable wallet when I was done.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Images

No No, I am sportsman...even if it's my fingers getting a workout. Being a Poho is the part of backpacking that makes it a sport....fighting for those landmark posts

Images

I tried skating at the ski resort in Gatlinburg a couple years ago. Had not been on skates in 50 years. It was to say the least laughable but I had fun. Had a much more packable wallet when I was done.

Well, as most in the Cafe' know...I am a Referee.....so it cuts my winter hiking down to almost nil.

I'm all set now guys. Wanda Smith Wayala wants to transfer 5.5 million U.S. dollars into my account.

I used the Companion last year, thought I'd try the AWOL this year, just comparing them, believe I like the Companion better, maybe just a matter of what I'k used to, last year all I saw were AWOL on the trail,

I'm all set now guys. Wanda Smith Wayala wants to transfer 5.5 million U.S. dollars into my account.
    That's a great deal, all you have to do is give Wanda your bank account number...such a sweet lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    I used the Companion last year, thought I'd try the AWOL this year, just comparing them, believe I like the Companion better, maybe just a matter of what I'k used to, last year all I saw were AWOL on the trail,
    That's what another friend of mine said about last year, all he saw were AWOL's books. I may just bite the bullet and take them both. I got a place I can ditch anything I want about 10 days in.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    That's a great deal, all you have to do is give Wanda your bank account number...such a sweet lady.
    Isn't she though. I almost love Wanda as much as I do Little Debbie. Almost.

That sounds like fun.. I love to ice skate!

I remember when Gray Blazer accidentally took one of the landmark posts... was I bad to laugh uncontrollably? Well, I did...

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    That sounds like fun.. I love to ice skate!
    Skating is fun. Hockey too. Before the recent warming trend, in the late 60's, the pond at the headwaters of Linville Gorge, at Camp Yonahnoka, would freeze solid reliably every winter. We used to play hockey there three or four times a year. Parents drove us to K-Mart in Charlotte for sticks and pucks. Hasn't frozen enough to get on but a couple of times in the last 20 years. Times change.

At least you didn't break anything.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

++ New Posts ++