WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 999 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 499 899 949 989 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1009 1049 1099 1499 1999 ... LastLast
Results 19,961 to 19,980 of 49000

Start of Page 999.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Well, as most in the Cafe' know...I am a Referee.....so it cuts my winter hiking down to almost nil.
    Look at the bright side, you are getting paid, so you can afford to hike more in the summer.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    I'm all set now guys. Wanda Smith Wayala wants to transfer 5.5 million U.S. dollars into my account.
    Great, even at today's prices that will buy a lot of Milk!
    And don't forget who your friends are.

Steve Forbet - If You Gotta Ask You'll Never Know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3tK1...yer_detailpage
    Last edited by Astro; 02-04-2013 at 20:46.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

19966 is taken...
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf:1409444

Originally Posted by Rasty
    She must be 23 by now and probably can. Very smart parents. Last time I heard from Gabi (Room Mate) he was an instructor at the Culinary Institute of America where we went to school. That was about five years after graduation which was the minimum time after graduation that you could be considered for employement as a instructor.

Ah, so you're saying that your former roommate speaks five languages and is an instructor for the CIA. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    1946 so we are original CIA. The government hacks were still the OSS.
    When I was ten and in my first year in Boyscouts, one of the eaglescouts was accepted to culinary school and the scoutmasters announced that he was joining the CIA. It was almost two years before I learned that he didn't work for the government.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    Long as you're not waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting for the world to change.

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Skating is fun. Hockey too. Before the recent warming trend, in the late 60's, the pond at the headwaters of Linville Gorge, at Camp Yonahnoka, would freeze solid reliably every winter. We used to play hockey there three or four times a year. Parents drove us to K-Mart in Charlotte for sticks and pucks. Hasn't frozen enough to get on but a couple of times in the last 20 years. Times change.
    Sounds like a good time, aficion. I grew up in NH so I learned to ice skate on a frozen frog pond right below our house. I never ice skated inside until I came to VA. I have skated outside a few times in the last 20 years. I like it better outside than skating inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf:1409661
    Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf:1409444

Originally Posted by Rasty
    She must be 23 by now and probably can. Very smart parents. Last time I heard from Gabi (Room Mate) he was an instructor at the Culinary Institute of America where we went to school. That was about five years after graduation which was the minimum time after graduation that you could be considered for employement as a instructor.

Ah, so you're saying that your former roommate speaks five languages and is an instructor for the CIA. ;-)

1946 so we are original CIA. The government hacks were still the OSS.
    When I was ten and in my first year in Boyscouts, one of the eaglescouts was accepted to culinary school and the scoutmasters announced that he was joining the CIA. It was almost two years before I learned that he didn't work for the government.
    Good school in an old Jesuit monastery. Way too expensive now for the income of new graduates. Cost $84k for two years. Less then half that in 1995. But it's a nonprofit! My ass!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Long as you're not waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting for the world to change.
    we never used to wait for the world to change.we went out and changed it

Coach is not going to make it!

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Sounds like a good time, aficion. I grew up in NH so I learned to ice skate on a frozen frog pond right below our house. I never ice skated inside until I came to VA. I have skated outside a few times in the last 20 years. I like it better outside than skating inside.
    Me too. It was a blast when I was a kid. Indoors doesn't seem right after that.

Images

Coach is not going to make it!
    coach called me a few minutes ago to see what the count is, he got sent on one more errand before he could get home

++ New Posts ++