WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1378 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 378 878 1278 1328 1368 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1388 1428 1478 1878 2378 ... LastLast
Results 27,541 to 27,560 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    You have much snow in Roanoke, HM?

Attachment 20278Attachment 20279Attachment 20280
    We don't have anything DH... I came and went.....These are old snow pics? They are beautiful!

Here's Chin's Pic for the day... LUCKY

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Think I'm gonna try Pico/Killington on what looks to be a lovely day. How are you all?

Morning Driver, how've you been?

Not much has changed in the cafe, still plenty of filtered water and ADHD for everyone!

Sounds like a great day you're planning, have fun!
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Think I'm gonna try Pico/Killington on what looks to be a lovely day. How are you all?
    Driver8....... We are all doing GREAT! How are you? Man, it's been a while! Good to see you!

Images

1 more day of games......... chores Sunday!

Off to see my princess today in NOVA.... she just turned ONE!! Proud G-MA! Have a great day everyone..*hugs*

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    We don't have anything DH... I came and went.....These are old snow pics? They are beautiful!

PB250048.jpg I thought I was in Chins picture........November morning @ Sherman Brook campsite, Mass!

I want that tent bad; the yellow doormat...not so much. Great sunbeams!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    I'm a little confused, seems like I'm getting crap for recommending that hikers should carry a compass, am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Nope. It is just that everyone thinks their way is the only way. I love to read the stuff about trekking poles. People who have hiked way more than I will ever hike are all over the place with this one. Some say it is a complete waste of time and weight. Others think it is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    theyre right
    I think I grasp your point and agree. I think I am getting the HYOH thing more. If it is their preference, they are right... for them. They are not right to tell the other guy they are wrong when they don't see it their way. Just saying. People should be more tolerant and less critical when giving advise. Us noob's feel like we are being told that we are disrespectful to people with more experience when they are collectively saying opposite things to us. They all deserve my respect. I want their advice. I need their advice. However, I can't agree with all of them when they say opposite things.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

I have a sign in my house that says, "If I knew grandchildren were going to so much fun, I would have had them first". They are the best, but they are in Texas.

Off to see my princess today in NOVA.... she just turned ONE!! Proud G-MA! Have a great day everyone..*hugs*

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    I'm a little confused, seems like I'm getting crap for recommending that hikers should carry a compass, am I missing something?
    Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    They have one on their cell phones along with their guide books. Besides if you don't have a map why would you need a compass?
    They can't even agree on the ten essentials... they don't believe in survival skills, it's just walking until they get into trouble and call someone... IGU. ( I Gave Up)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    How many people know how to tell direction by an analog watch? For the most part it's just being aware to follow a topo. I used my cheap ass little compass around my neck more than a good one just to point map in a somewhat accurate direction. From there I could look at contours & figure the rest out. Not so much on AT but PCT where trail was burried in snow for most of the day.
    Very Few.

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    I carry a little cheapo compass for the same reason. I carry a little cheapo thermometer too.
    Walmart has one with a high and low memory and Humidity - weight's nothing and $5

I think I grasp your point and agree. I think I am getting the HYOH thing more. If it is their preference, they are right... for them. They are not right to tell the other guy they are wrong when they don't see it their way. Just saying. People should be more tolerant and less critical when giving advise. Us noob's feel like we are being told that we are disrespectful to people with more experience when they are collectively saying opposite things to us. They all deserve my respect. I want their advice. I need their advice. However, I can't agree with all of them when they say opposite things.
    Respectful advice on a blog, takes time and effort... We can't change others opinions..I get frustrated with people that say they want to hike with a shower curtain, Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Well you had fun after I went to bed...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post

Walmart has one with a high and low memory and Humidity - weight's nothing and $5

I like those features. I'll have to check it out. I have the Coghlans combo zipper pull one.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

A real picture of WOO.

Yes I did have fun. Change your avatar to this.

Journal Entries
    Images

its not shown on line - but is in home and garden small white one without a transmitter.. Springfield Precise

oh I found it on Amazon

Here http://www.amazon.com/Springfield-91...d+precise+temp
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes I did have fun. Change your avatar to this.

Hell no! NONOONONONNONONOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 03-09-2013 at 10:53.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Hell no! NONOONONONNONONOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    What!? Are you telling me you do not like all owls?

He's telling you your nucking futs.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

I see where he found himself a couple of diet cokes.

Journal Entries
    Images

Rapper-owl--33614.jpg you are nucking futs.... take a hike...

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    I see where he found himself a couple of diet cokes.
    Talking about nucking futs... what's with DIET Coke for a thruhiker???

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    Talking about nucking futs... what's with DIET Coke for a thruhiker???
    He's gonna have me looking under every bush at the road crossings. (LOL)

++ New Posts ++