WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2093 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 1093 1593 1993 2043 2083 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2103 2143 2193 ... LastLast
Results 41,841 to 41,860 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    They sell the Heart of Palm in the grocery stores in FL. I had it a long time ago and didn't like it. It seems to sell pretty well. There's got to be a good way of preparing it.
    Key to good eats: wild hearts. Not a stand-alone dish, best served with flinthead.

Astro, not Brazil.
    Gray Blazer, yes indeedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizirlou View Post
    Izzat what you Northern boys eat? In my world it’s hearts of palm with ‘mater gravy.
    Responding to myself, so what, sew buttons on your underwear.

Ask Pirate for recipes. Chow time at a remote hunting camp in the Everglades is a tad different from the grub at Frogtown Gap where – btw -- the Southern staple beverage Coke is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Hi Ozzie.

ATM, don't you have to kill the tree to get the heart?
    Yes you have to kill the tree to get the heart. No easy job. Not worth it in my opinion. Starving would be another matter. I may try and make the Cabbage Palm Festival this winter in LaBelle just out of curiosity.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    It runs near the top of Killington, but not over it. Near the Cooper Lodge shelter, there's a spur trail to the summit that gains about 350' in about 0.2. I looked down the last of its route to the summit, and it *is* steep. It's worth the trip on a clear day. Outstanding views, and the summit area is pretty, though marred by a few communications towers.
    When I hiked the summit from the gondola while snowboarding that trail looked like the obvious way back down... In retrospect it makes perfect sense to me that that was a hiking trail and not a ski run.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MDSection12 View Post
    When I hiked the summit from the gondola while snowboarding that trail looked like the obvious way back down... In retrospect it makes perfect sense to me that that was a hiking trail and not a ski run.
    Yeah, that would be at least a double black diamond. ...
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

It was pretty nasty... Just a chute, basically. Not nearly as bad as when we skiied off the summit of Breckenridge though. Now that was an experience.

Images

Back when you were working for Bill, We parked at Gifford Woods, walked in the rain to Cooper Lodge (It was raining harder inside than out), next day more rain. We climbed up, then down the slopes. We ditched our packs and hitched back to the car, came back to get our packs. I got home and realized I had lost my GM/LT guide book when I ditched the pack. I was heart broken, that book had miles and miles of Long Trail walk notes in it.

Not really a tree.! More like a low running plant. (Think grass on steroids.) There can be hundreds on the area of a football field.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Back when you were working for Bill, We parked at Gifford Woods, walked in the rain to Cooper Lodge (It was raining harder inside than out), next day more rain. We climbed up, then down the slopes. We ditched our packs and hitched back to the car, came back to get our packs. I got home and realized I had lost my GM/LT guide book when I ditched the pack. I was heart broken, that book had miles and miles of Long Trail walk notes in it.
    Aw man, Lou! That stinks! It's a hassle to get GMC stuff, too - probably was moreso then. I stopped at Sam's in Hadley, MA on the way up to K Sat. May be the only place outside VT you can lay your hands on GMC maps - I picked up Mansfield and K-area maps. At least now, if you're patient and trust the mails, you can order GMC maps and books online. And I think I've seen the LT book at Barnes and Noble, come to think of it.

Images

It was pretty nasty... Just a chute, basically. Not nearly as bad as when we skiied off the summit of Breckenridge though. Now that was an experience.
    Better you than me, man. I'll save that experience for the next life, the better to lengthen this one!

AT 2012

did i miss the dozen pages or so where you discuss how much you like the boots mcfarland cartoons? i just love 'em!!!!
    Lazarus

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    did i miss the dozen pages or so where you discuss how much you like the boots mcfarland cartoons? i just love 'em!!!!
    Laz, you caught the last one ...where she must eat with the Cafe'!!!!
    Last edited by coach lou; 06-18-2013 at 12:48.

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus:1488399
    It's a separate thread only the chosen ones can see!

Images

The count is now up to 5

UpdateI have a special request from the Oz man that this video be played in honor of a milestone he has just reached. He is headed to eat some ice cream. How much is anybody's guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnFMQ...yer_detailpage
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

UpdateI have a special request from the Oz man that this video be played in honor of a milestone he has just reached. He is headed to eat some ice cream. How much is anybody's guess.
    Congrats Oz on reaching the halfway point. Good luck on finishing that half gallon. If it was me, it would be Mint Chocolate Chip. What flavor do you favor?
    Trillium

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    Congrats Oz on reaching the halfway point. Good luck on finishing that half gallon. If it was me, it would be Mint Chocolate Chip. What flavor do you favor?
    Mint chocolate chip is not good enough... It has to be green mint chocolate chip. I dunno why, but I don't like it as much if it's not green.

Mint chocolate chip is not good enough... It has to be green mint chocolate chip. I dunno why, but I don't like it as much if it's not green.
    I agree!!! Go GREEN!
    Trillium

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Nor have I, and I've been going up there since I was a scout. I haven't seen a bear in New Jersey, either. The next time I go down there, I'm going to wear a pork chop around my neck!
    No need, you can see a bear up close and personal right here:http://deadspin.com/bear-sees-hunter...y-he-513832182
    Trillium

UpdateI have a special request from the Oz man that this video be played in honor of a milestone he has just reached. He is headed to eat some ice cream. How much is anybody's guess.
    Oz, way to go!
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

++ New Posts ++